Family Genre Movie Channel

rbjtech

rbjtech

So keeping things very simple to start with - I've just used the Channel Plugin framework from @chefto build a very simple Movie Plugin where Genre = Family.

I've been meaning to do this for a while, so I can just give my young viewers access to a 'Channel' - rather than mess about with Tagging.

So you get a dedicated Channel - it re-creates itself every time you run the 'Internet Channels' task. (it's on a schedule)

image.png.72d2cee5326d0e2bf2529a8f7de3a3fa.png

image.png.b730d8ef332abd8c70d67b3ae5738e35.png

and of course being a channel, as opposed to a 'playlist' - you have full control over it - and can add user permissions etc.  I can sort it by date as well - so all the newest stuff is at the start.

image.png.7379a1408160e7bd31a992777ceaf70a.png

Obviously very limited at the moment - but no reason why this should not include TV Series as well (seperate Channel) - and any other 'filter' that you want applied before creating the channel.  

Note - Being a channel - there are no duplicates shown in the main Movies library .. (👍)

I'll build on it to see how it goes - maybe take the output from the Smart Playlists - and call it Smart Channels ... 🤪

Once I've tidied it up and added TV series/shows - I'll share the DLL ..

Any thoughts welcome ..

Edited by rbjtech
  • Like 4

Albertax
On 16/08/2023 at 02:40, ebr said:

Hi. The offset feature only works with external subs. 

Looks awesome 

• Agree 1