Scan of media library hangs at 87,4%

fryger

Hi, 

I have a Qnap ts-x19p and recently decided to install Emby in order to provide a DLNA music server to my WiiM Pro media streamers. Everything seems to work well apart from that the scanning of my media library that never completes. It seems to hang at 87,4 % every time I try to scan my library. The scan has been going for a few days to a couple of weeks, no difference.

I have quite a number of mp3s and flacs (i believe it's close to 400Gb) if that matters? 

Let me know whether you need any additional information in order to solve my issue. Many thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I thought it did, only to later realize the scan was aborted (most likely during the upgrade to 4.8.0.44)

The scan appear to have stopped now at 87,8%. Been like this for at least 24 hours.

Does the log in my previous post say anything or would you like a more recent version? 

24 minutes ago, fryger said:

I thought it did, only to later realize the scan was aborted (most likely during the upgrade to 4.8.0.44)

The scan appear to have stopped now at 87,8%. Been like this for at least 24 hours.

Does the log in my previous post say anything or would you like a more recent version? 

A new log file would be great, thanks.

It looks like it's just probing your audio files for media info so I think it's just a matter of getting through the first time scan. If you cancelled it before then it's possible that it just never completed following the import of the library, right?

That could be the case. Despite the fact that my old NAS is painfully slow, then it does takes forever to complete. When posting the logs it had reached 87,9%. Right now it is still at 87,9%. 

There is one other thing that is a bit strange. The web UI, at the control panel, present the bell icon with the text (freely translated) "restart to install the update". This appears shortly after I have made both a regular Emby restart and a full NAS restart. The version installed is, at the time of writing, the most recent beta.

I will let it continue and see if it changes. Will keep you updated. Many thanks for taking your time to support here!

There is one other thing that is a bit strange. The web UI, at the control panel, present the bell icon with the text (freely translated) "restart to install the update". This appears shortly after I have made both a regular Emby restart and a full NAS restart. The version installed is, at the time of writing, the most recent beta.

It's probably a plugin update.