Playback Error No compatible streams are currently available.

MrBronte

GrimReaper

Wild guess would be you're exceeding Windows MAX_PATH limit of ~256 characters so file can't be probed nor subsequently streamed.

{"Protocol":"File","Id":"bd8aadc14208ea4b21135a4185477f60","Path":"E:\\A\\BOFURI - I Don’t Want to Get Hurt, so I’ll Max Out My Defense (2020)\\BOFURI - I Don’t Want to Get Hurt, so I’ll Max Out My Defense S2\\Bofuri I Don't Want to Get Hurt so I'll Max Out My Defense - S02E02 - Maxing Defense, Level 5, and Level 6 (HDTV-720p).mkv","Type":"Default","Container":"mkv","Size":0,"Name":"Bofuri I Don't Want to Get Hurt so I'll Max Out My Defense - S02E02 - Maxing Defense, Level 5, and Level 6 (HDTV-720p)","IsRemote":false,"SupportsTranscoding":true,"SupportsDirectStream":true,"SupportsDirectPlay":true,"IsInfiniteStream":false,"RequiresOpening":false,"RequiresClosing":false,"RequiresLooping":false,"SupportsProbing":false,"MediaStreams":[],"Formats":[],"RequiredHttpHeaders":{},"ReadAtNativeFramerate":false}

image.thumb.png.e9ff864252f06f188ef4fd55f338cdf7.png

Edit: Also, just noticed, that single quote in you folder names looks like right single quote,  vs ' , causing this:

00:26:55.486 E:\A\BOFURI - I Don’t Want to Get Hurt, so I’ll Max Out My Defense (2020)\BOFURI - I Don’t Want to Get Hurt, so I’ll Max Out My Defense S2\Bofuri I Don't Want to Get Hurt so I'll Max Out My Defense - S02E02 - Maxing Defense, Level 5, and Level 6 (HDTV-720p).mkv: No such file or directory

Try replacing those with single quotes, see what gives.

Related topic:

encoding - "’" showing on page instead of " ' " - Stack Overflow

Edited by GrimReaper
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi!

Thanks for the info about the "too long path", I made my tests here and share my foundings:

I tried to extend the paths in Windows registry (via steps below(maybe it will help someone else)):

https://www.microfocus.com/documentation/filr/filr-4/filr-desktop/t47bx2ogpfz7.html

This wasnt any real help for Emby or even VLC... even after reboot was not fixed... however I was able to run with Media player.

Then I have just shorted the "Season folder" name ;) and it was resolved for Emby and VLC ...

My conclusions after few tests:

- Yes: it was that issue with the long path "261 vs. 256"

- No: the assumption that "encoding - "’" showing on page instead of " ' " - Stack Overflow" was not confirmed on my side, I wasnt changing anu characters in root name or episode names.

Thank you for your assistance here !

PS: sorry for my late respond was 3 weeks afk aka. afe

Edited by MrBronte
  • Thanks 1

Adding one more information !!!

For the long paths (after activating the guide from above) I was able to play the episodes even with the long paths, I had just to add the " \\?\ " before my library path ...

Meaning / my example:

\\?\E:\A\BOFURI - I Don’t Want to Get Hurt, so I’ll Max Out My Defense (2020)\BOFURI - I Don’t Want to Get Hurt, so I’ll Max Out My Defense S2\Bofuri I Don't Want to Get Hurt so I'll Max Out My Defense - S02E02 - Maxing Defense, Level 5, and Level 6 (HDTV-720p).mkv

Once again, BIG THANKS !!!

PS: BTW VLC has having this open issue for ears and obviously doesn't care to resolve it :( trololoooooo

Edited by MrBronte
  • Thanks 1