Atmos true-hd 7.1 =yes, but dts or dts-hd =no

TerenceTeo

TerenceTeo

I tried emby apps on Nvidia shield tv and Dune media player boxes, same behaviour. My AV amp display and sound ok for Atmos content from my NAS but not those content with DTS HD MA. It should Dolby surround only and sound not as good as DTS HD. Dune media player app played these DTS HA well. 
Any suggestion can help to solve me issue ?

Thanks.

rbjtech
2 minutes ago, TerenceTeo said:

I tried emby apps on Nvidia shield tv and Dune media player boxes, same behaviour. My AV amp display and sound ok for Atmos content from my NAS but not those content with DTS HD MA. It should Dolby surround only and sound not as good as DTS HD. Dune media player app played these DTS HA well. 
Any suggestion can help to solve me issue ?

Thanks.

How are you connecting the Shield and AVR together ?

If the AVR is capable of HD Audio Codecs (True-HD and DTS-HD) then the shield will just pass them though (assuming you have configured the Shield itself to 'Auto' passthough.   manually selecting the codecs also works - but best to leave it on Auto.)

The playback on the Emby Client should be 'Direct' for both Audio and Video.

TerenceTeo

Connection = hdmi 2.1

it works for Atmos 7.1 but not any DTS format.

I configured all settings to auto and enable Atmos HD and DTS HD options in playback of emby apps 

rbjtech
1 hour ago, TerenceTeo said:

Connection = hdmi 2.1

it works for Atmos 7.1 but not any DTS format.

I configured all settings to auto and enable Atmos HD and DTS HD options in playback of emby apps 

What model is the AVR ?

rbjtech
13 minutes ago, TerenceTeo said:

Arcam A380

It must be something external as clearly this AVR should have no issues with DTS.

Have you tried normal DTS 5.1 (non HD) ?

What are the settings in the Shield under Audio ?

TerenceTeo

I just did factory reset and didn’t change any setting to the display and sound. Still the same. 

I don’t have dts only content. I am more concern about dts hd ma as more than 50% of my video format are dts hd ma and the rest are Atmos which I have no issue with emby apps.

rbjtech
1 minute ago, TerenceTeo said:

I just did factory reset and didn’t change any setting to the display and sound. Still the same. 

I don’t have dts only content. I am more concern about dts hd ma as more than 50% of my video format are dts hd ma and the rest are Atmos which I have no issue with emby apps.

You need to make sure the following are confirmed -

a) the shield is connected directly to the AVR via HDMI on one of the inputs

b) your TV is connected to the output on your AVR - may be called monitor or something like that

c) the emby client (AndroidTV or Android) on the shield - has been set to passthough DTS

d) the shield itself (in Android - the operating system) - go to 'Audio' and ensure it is set to Auto, if it fails try and manually set all the codec sliders to ON.

if all the above are set - then it should plays DTS-HD.

If it still doesn't, then you'll need to raise with the dev's - maybe send a log directly from the app (turn on debug mode in the app) as it's possible - the AVR is not broadcasting it can play DTS - which is obviously incorrect. 

Hi.  In the example you posted it looks like you are trying to play a BD rip directly.  If you convert that to something like an MKV, I believe is should work.