Custom TV Series Labels

Lyfesaver
Go to solution Solved by GrimReaper,

Lyfesaver

I am 100% confident this question has been asked and answered but Google-Fu (or in this case Forum-Fu) is weak today so I do apologize for having to ask again.

Is there anyway to customize these:

image.png.1b376fc348bbfe543d4acd4b9301b33b.png

I run two separate libraries for 4K and 1080p/720p/SD. All my 4K TV has the same content in 1080/720 and I would like to be able to distinguish using different labels.

4K TV Series or even leave it as TV Series but change the color to black to match the 4K Movies label

• Solution
GrimReaper

You can create 2 profiles:

1 for 1080p/720p/SD and leave it as Default treatment

1 for 4K and select UHD for Series under Specific Treatment tab

image.png.73e4be477431324b5052c51bb99a6e8d.png

image.png.ad8654eddbc92175da843f1feb8970fa.png

Edited by GrimReaper
  • Thanks 1

Lyfesaver

I could use some help learning 2 things and I think I will have this plugin understood (this is my first dive into it even tho I been using Emby for like, almost a decade lol):

1. Why is it asking me for a folder location when I go to create a new profile? I have multiple folders that house UHD series, does that mean I have to create an identical profile for each location?

2. The default profile is already doing a bang up job showing DVD/Blu-Ray/4K for movies, why is an additional one needed for series?

Not doubting your instructions on needing a 2nd profile just trying to understand how it all works is why. Please dont take my questions as pushing back on your advice

GrimReaper
10 minutes ago, Lyfesaver said:

1. Why is it asking me for a folder location when I go to create a new profile? I have multiple folders that house UHD series, does that mean I have to create an identical profile for each location?

Yes. 

10 minutes ago, Lyfesaver said:

2. The default profile is already doing a bang up job showing DVD/Blu-Ray/4K for movies, why is an additional one needed for series?

It does Series too, but it cannot distinguish between your different libraries/folders, hence need for additional profile where you can specify that. And Default profile is also basically "fallback" profile, meaning it will apply to items that do not fall into any other custom profile. For common usage, that single profile is usually enough - for uncommon, additional profiles. 

Edited by GrimReaper
  • Like 1

Lyfesaver

I am guessing we cant create an actual Custom "case" tho huh? so I can change the top to 4K TV?
image.png.e2213169a293e9f309268512bb12b118.png

Lyfesaver

So, I still think there is some sort of bug or misunderstanding by me.
I have 4 libraries... Movies, 4K Movies, TV Series and 4K TV Series, all spanned over many drives.

The default coverart profile handles all movies just fine. no matter the folder or library... UHD shows 4K case, 720/1080 shows the BR case and SD shows a DVD case just fine.
You would expect the TV Series to behave the same way but as you pointed out @Grumpy1 it does not "detect" UHD for TV Series so you have create another profile and point it to the 4K TV folder and then set all series to be UHD like this:

image.png.fe616ad6827f7e2f28cc825dc034b1cb.png

• Like 1

GrimReaper
12 minutes ago, Lyfesaver said:

So, I still think there is some sort of bug or misunderstanding by me.

12 minutes ago, Lyfesaver said:

You would expect the TV Series to behave the same way but as you pointed out @Grumpy1 it does not "detect" UHD for TV Series

There's no bug, TV series is a collection of items (episodes which can be of various resolutions, even within same season, let alone across multiple ones), hence it cannot be detected as any resolution, either 4K or 720p/1080p or SD or any other (only episodes can) and subsequently, cannot get cover treatment same as movies (single item) do.

Edited by GrimReaper
  • Thanks 1

Lyfesaver

So it was a misunderstanding by me. TY and yes that does make sense. Some in my regular TV Series library is a mixture as older seasons were pre HD.

• Agree 1