Server view settings are not retained on Samsung TV

raheel3837
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

raheel3837

I have recently downloaded Emby app from Samsung app store, as it's has been recently released in Canada. Previously, all updates were done through the USB.

Issue:

Each time the server is launched from the app on the tv, each folder that is shared show all the files as videos individually, despite changing the view settings to show them as "Folders" on the top. The view settings will remain to show all the video files as "Folders" as long as i don't exit the server until next time. Upon launching the server next time, i have reset the view to show all video files as "Folder" again.

Previously, when Emby was updated via USB, i set the view settings to show all the video files as "Folders" once and never had to keep changing it again and again. This issue has only been noticed since running the server from the app.

Emby for Samsung 1.2.6

Emby for PC 4.7.13.0

Samsung Smart TV (UN55NU8500)

I have also attached view settings of the pc server (every folder is set by default to show - Folders).

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

20230818_204530.thumb.jpg.8784336f1e9796692970d0044588aaad.jpg

PCServerSettings.PNG.2d47660d59da8247a8e09b82e738f4bc.PNG

• Solution

Hi, this will be resolved if you use our USB version to update to a newer version of the Emby Samsung app.

At this point the 1.2.6 version is older and has fallen out of date with the server and that's the reason for this happening. If your TV is a 2018 model or newer, then in the near future we should have an updated Emby app version in the store.

raheel3837

Hi Luke, 

Just so I understand correctly, it's safe to say that it's better to just update it from the USB until the TV version is updated to the latest, correct?