Android app on new phone is missing some features from previous phone

Ladiesman0217

Ladiesman0217

Old device: Google Pixel 4XL

New device: Google Pixel 7 Pro

New device app version: Emby for Android 3.3.20

Issue:  When I had Emby on my 4XL I had some features which are missing from my 7 Pro.  The "pause, rewind, forward" links were in the middle of the screen when I would tap on the screen during playback.... now they are just in the footer of the screen like older app versions.  Also, there used to be the ability to adjust screen brightness on the right side of the screen which is now gone.  Another issue that came up because of the missing brightness setting is that I would pause the app and then go change my screen brightness in system settings and when I came back to the app it would not honor the screen brightness that I had just set. it would stay too dim at the previous screen brightness.

Please let me know if there's a quick fix to get the newer features on my phone or if this is an issue with my phone model specifically.  I can provide logs if needed.

Thanks!

Edited by Ladiesman0217

• 2 weeks later...
Ladiesman0217

Brightness issue is not present on the Web app.

Other than that it's the same UI.  Buttons are on the bottom rather than in the middle of the screen.

Hi, as a test, can you try installing Chrome beta 117? You won't see brightness but please let me know if the layout is different. Thanks.

Ladiesman0217

That test page has the same contents for both chrome stable and beta.

The checkbox has a blue border in both browsers.

• Thanks 1

Ladiesman0217

My device won't open that APK. Is it maybe the wrong build type for Pixel 7 Pro?

I think I need arm64.

Edited by Ladiesman0217

Ladiesman0217

Screenshot_20230903-231144.thumb.png.1f5c1fa5d11fa4cba64a8bf2178f47c1.pngYep.

The buttons are back in the middle of the screen for both chrome and chrome beta if I use the app.emby.media site.

Edited by Ladiesman0217

Ladiesman0217

You're awesome Luke! Thanks for allowing me to be a part of making Envy even better!

I'm a software dev myself but I have no clue what languages or platforms this product is built on. I appreciate your dedication to helping your app community!

Edited by Ladiesman0217

• 2 weeks later...