DELETE Device with api request

jathe

Hi, I'm trying to delete a device with the API request.

I send this:

curl -X "DELETE" "http://192.168.1.165:8096/emby/Devices" -H "X-Emby-Token: xxxx" -d "Id=15"

And I got all devices deleted.

The question is, wich data need to be on the request or wich url is needed to request to delete just 1 device?

Thanks

@Lukelike this:

curl -X "DELETE" "http://192.168.1.165:8096/emby/Devices?Id=xxx" -H "X-Emby-Token: xxxx"

I got Device-Id and Id on the devices list, the Device-id is like a serial number, the Id es just an increased number.

Edited by jathe

Hi.  Just FYI in case this is why you are doing this - removing these devices from your server will not affect your Premiere device limit.  Thanks.

Hi @ebr Actually I'm doing that for that reason!!

I try to understand the published matrix but I'm not totally sure about the way of license consumes.

I have 100 devices license, I understand some devices consumes according to the features, so I think If device bein deleted and no longer sign in, license slot will be clean, is that correct?

8 hours ago, jathe said:

Hi @ebr Actually I'm doing that for that reason!!

I try to understand the published matrix but I'm not totally sure about the way of license consumes.

I have 100 devices license, I understand some devices consumes according to the features, so I think If device bein deleted and no longer sign in, license slot will be clean, is that correct?

Yes but it’s not based on this device list. It’s another internally managed and automatic process based on last active date.

On 8/26/2023 at 11:10 AM, Luke said:

Yes but it’s not based on this device list. It’s another internally managed and automatic process based on last active date.

How many days till last active date have to pass to clean a license slot??

GrimReaper

How long does a device count towards my limit?

The system tracks device usage for about a week. So you need to count only devices used regularly by your users when estimating the limit for you. It is important to understand this is a device access limit NOT a concurrent connection limit.

Premiere Limits | Emby Documentation