Report: Gaps in text display after prolonged playback of many files.

Gilgamesh_48

Gilgamesh_48

This is just a report as I cannot make the problem repeat, yet.

I was having a long extended watching session where I watched a bunch of TV episodes and after the final one played (Final because i wanted to see what went wrong) I noticed that the text display above the Next up row (I am using the enhanced main screen and legacy Next up) had a LOT of missing characters.

The problem persisted even after moving along the row or moving to continue watching. It even was there when I went into the details screen. The missing characters had both characters replaced by a space and others that were simply missing. Every text display I tried had at least some missing characters.

I then thought of two things to try and first I went into the web interface and everything was normal.
I then decided to try a different client and switched to my Fire TV where everything was fine.
I then switched back to my Roku Ultra and found that the "automatic" return to home screen had happened and, when I reentered the Emby app and everything was fine there as well. (If I had thought of it when I first saw the problem I should have sent logs but I simply did not do things in the best order)

I have not seen the problem since and I "think" it was somehow a memory issue on the Roku. That is the memory became corrupt somehow.

I am sorry that I did not really correctly test the problem when it happened but my brain was a little fuzzy because of the pain meds I had to take earlier.

I am on Version 4.8.0.42 beta for the server (Still waiting for the release and beta servers to get in sync so I can switch to the release server)
My Roku is running ver 4.0.8.5 of the Emby software
and
12.0.0 build 4184-29 of the Roku firmware.

If I see this happen again I will take a screen shot and get logs from the server and, if I remember how, send the Roku logs.

This was not a serious problem as all I believe I needed to do was exit and reenter the Roku app to restore proper functionality. But I thought a report was in order as the failure happened so unexpectedly and it "looked" bad at first. It "could" cause some users to panic.

Yeah, that does sound like a memory issue of some kind.  If it happens again, please take a picture and send the log.

Thanks.

Gilgamesh_48
3 hours ago, ebr said:

Yeah, that does sound like a memory issue of some kind.  If it happens again, please take a picture and send the log.

Thanks.

Thank you for confirming, as much as possible, that I really may have stumbled onto a problem and that my initial "guess" was probably correct.

Sometimes, when I run into unexpected problems, I am concerned that it really is my old brain that is malfunctioning rather that the equipment/software I am using.
Of course I still could be crazy but now, at least, my paranoid delusion is probably under control and I can go back to just watching TV. :D