PGSSUB Please

dawuman

dawuman

I come from China, please forgive my poor English. I am Emby Premiere and I use Xbox Series X to watch movies at home. Many movies are in. MKV format, and the subtitle files are PGSSUB. If I play them in EMBY, the subtitles cannot be displayed, so I can only search for. SRT subtitles. Previously, I saw a manager say that the PGSSUB display depends on whether the hardware supports it. However, today I installed KODI on Xbox Series X and used the NFS protocol to play the same movie. Choosing PGSSUB worked fine. I tried some other movies and found no problems, but using EMby did not work. May I ask why this is the case?

Edited by dawuman

dawuman

On Xbox Series X, I use Edge to access EMBY, which can play and display PGSSUB normally, even better than using

EMBY Theater is even better, but after playing for a period of time, it will prompt that there is not enough memory, so it cannot be used. The word 'good' here refers to fast forward and fast rewind, which will not cause any lag or false death in the EMBY Theater. They are all played directly without compression or transcoding.

i am try , no help.

The native app of EMBY is too poor, many videos cannot be played, or there are problems. I think this is because the emby native app did not fully utilize hardware performance. For example, on my Xbox, there is no problem playing the same content using Kodi.

I come from China, and to my knowledge, many people who purchase EMBY members are PT users who have a strong need for high-definition video playback, such as Blu ray discs or 4K UHD. But currently, it seems that EMBY is not doing well on both the server and client sides. Taking my Xbox as an example, NFS+KODI>EMBY SERVER+KODI>EMBY SERVER+Embay Heater

I saw your developers mention elsewhere that improving playback performance on Xbox requires waiting for webview2, is that the case?

2 hours ago, dawuman said:

I saw your developers mention elsewhere that improving playback performance on Xbox requires waiting for webview2, is that the case?

It’s a whole new app that’s built on webview 2 and has a new video player that can handle more formats natively.

1 hour ago, Luke said:

It’s a whole new app that’s built on webview 2 and has a new video player that can handle more formats natively.

When can I use it?

18 minutes ago, dawuman said:

When can I use it?

Hi, we are working hard on it. Stay tuned to the blog for release announcements.