Emby Theater Won't Open Fully

LyleHome

LyleHome

Hello, 

I've been using Emby Theater premier for at least a year now and it's worked great.  But today I went to open theater from the task bar and it only opens to the logo screen. I tried reinstalling it, cycling the computer, double clicking, switching monitors and no joy.  I can open Emby in my browser using the icon in the notification area and I'm able to see my media and watch a video.  I'm just not able to open Theater.  Thank you

screen.jpg

• Agree 2

LyleHome

Hi, 

I started watching a movie through the browser and then I went back to try Emby Theater and this time it worked.  That's very strange. All seems normal now.  While using the browser to watch a movie I noticed that there is a PIP button.  It worked well.  It would be nice to have this same thing in Emby Theater.  

Thanks!

TheShanMan

This is happening to me as well, but the browser works. I hoped a reboot of my HTPC would resolve it but it didn't. Is it a new version of Theater with a new bug? Maybe downgrading is in order?

Edit: Just installed Theater on my non-HTPC desktop and it's coming up fine. 🫤

Here's the entirety of my Theater log file. Not sure it shows anything meaningful but who knows?

2023-08-17 18:51:24.465 Info Main: Application path: C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\system\Emby.Theater.exe
2023-08-17 18:51:24.468 Info Main: Emby
	Command line: C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\system\Emby.Theater.exe
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.19044.0
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: False
	User Interactive: True
	Processor count: 4
	Program data path: C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater
	Application directory: C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\system
2023-08-17 18:51:24.512 Info Main: C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\system\x64\electron\electron.exe "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\system\electronapp" "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\data\electron" "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\system\cec\cec-client.x64.exe" "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\system\x64\mpv\mpv.exe"
2023-08-17 18:51:24.603 Info App: Application version: 3.0.20.0
2023-08-17 18:51:24.637 Info App: Application configuration:
	{"EnableDebugLevelLogging":false,"EnableAutoUpdate":true,"LogFileRetentionDays":3,"RunAtStartup":false,"IsStartupWizardCompleted":false}
2023-08-17 18:51:24.639 Info App: Loading MediaBrowser.Model, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
2023-08-17 18:51:24.639 Info App: Loading MediaBrowser.Common, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
2023-08-17 18:51:24.639 Info App: Loading Emby.Theater, Version=3.0.20.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
2023-08-17 18:51:24.692 Info Main: HDMI CEC driver installation was previously cancelled.
2023-08-17 18:51:24.855 Info App: Core startup complete
2023-08-17 18:51:27.851 Info TaskManager: StartupTrigger fired for task: Check for application updates
2023-08-17 18:51:27.852 Info TaskManager: Queueing task SystemUpdateTask
2023-08-17 18:51:27.856 Info TaskManager: Executing Check for application updates
2023-08-17 18:51:27.882 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager GET: https://api.github.com/repos/MediaBrowser/Emby.Theater.Windows/releases
2023-08-17 18:51:28.004 Info TaskManager: Check for application updates Completed after 0 minute(s) and 0 seconds
2023-08-17 18:51:28.018 Info TaskManager: ExecuteQueuedTasks

Edited by TheShanMan

TheShanMan

I renamed the AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater directory and reinstalled. It's coming up for me. If any debugging is needed, I can always go back to my prior one if that helps figure out and fix whatever is happening to some of us.

joshhuggins

Just happened to me as well. Had been watching ET all day while working. Closed it to go have dinner at 6:01pm PST, came back at 8:11p and it would not launch. Renamed folder as suggested by TheShanMan and reinstalled and it's working again here too. Attached are the related log files. Web browser worked as expected during that time period for me as well.

theater-63827868715.txttheater-63827900491.txt

• Thanks 1

fredflix

I have the same issue with ET electron on Linux.
Looking at Josh's logs, is it because somehow Github now redirects "https://api.github.com/repos/MediaBrowser/Emby.Theater.Windows/releases" to "https://api.github.com/repositories/8238771/releases" ?
No idea if Github did this in the past.

Should prolly implement a mechanism to make the app not 100% reliant on that get request (if it's the actual problem).

EDIT: Prolly not the issue as josh said re-installing fixed the issue somehow.

Edited by fredflix
  • Thanks 1

LASooner

Just happened to me switching between user logins, tried removing the roaming folder and reinstalling and also logging in through the chrome, I was able to view through chrome, but it didn't fix emby theater from launching. Stuck on the splash screen. When it first started happening I went to my roku app and noticed it was still working there. So I came here.

Edited by LASooner

This just happen to me, and I've uninstalled the app. I noticed after uninstalling the app, it still appears to be present in my app Installed apps. (See screenshot)  Using Windows 11 Pro, is anyone else having this issue?  Getting ready to re-install and see if this fixes the problem for me.

image.png.72b6db1006376fefbf76fa20b60a930e.png

Edited by StopIN

Hi Luke, I am also still having issues with Theater being stuck on logo screen. I have tried uninstalling app & removing folders manually, then reinstalling new downloaded version without success. Any assistance would be appreciated.