Help: No thumbnails, no stream or broken images?

OldHands

OldHands

Hi all, this is driving me nuts :(

I did a clean install of TrueNAS core after a HD failure and started a fresh. I have tried installing Emby from the community plugins and the jail creation methos with the same result... failure :(

Screenshotfrom2023-08-1509-12-18.thumb.png.05a732d2599f50f904696c6cb3ec690b.png

There are two things going on. On adding a library the thumbnail icons appear initially with a broken icon symbol, at this point if may play after a long pause, or throw up a playback, or the same may throw up a content no longer exist error. Then to enter a collection a browser refresh page is required to see the content thumbs as it was empty and now shows blank tiles.

I can't help I have done something really dumb here. I have tried to different methods of install and multiple version types. Tested permissions, tweaked settings, tried pkg install ffmpeg, wear a lucky sock, pray for divine intervention but nothing seems to work :(

embyserver-63827764905.txthardware_detection-63827764912.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-227de457-ac24-425c-b234-847b318c6043_1graph.txt

Hi, I'm not sure what the playback problem is, but you can probably solve the images problem via the libjpeg workaround here: 

The libjpeg update is forcing us to release a new server update for compatibility, which we are currently working on, but until then you can workaround it with the steps in that topic.

We'll be releasing a 4.7.14 update any day now that will be built against the newer libjpeg. 

Anyway, I would probably suggest starting with the workaround first and then re-evaluating if that solves both issues or not.

OldHands

Thanks for the reply Luke, no it didn't solve anything. Did this and restarted...

root@emby-server-1:~ # pkg install libjpeg-turbo
Updating plugin-default repository catalogue...
plugin-default repository is up to date.
All repositories are up to date.
The following 1 package(s) will be affected (of 0 checked):

New packages to be INSTALLED:
    libjpeg-turbo: 3.0.0_1

Number of packages to be installed: 1

The process will require 3 MiB more space.
378 KiB to be downloaded.

Proceed with this action? [y/N]: y
[emby-server-1] [1/1] Fetching libjpeg-turbo-3.0.0_1.pkg: 100%  378 KiB 386.8kB/s    00:01    
Checking integrity... done (0 conflicting)
[emby-server-1] [1/1] Installing libjpeg-turbo-3.0.0_1...
[emby-server-1] [1/1] Extracting libjpeg-turbo-3.0.0_1: 100%

The interesting thing is one retries sometimes it will play. More interesting is the Library shows...

Screenshotfrom2023-08-1608-40-48.thumb.png.6e0c74dfe88ea1172a769b9c2037b680.png

But sadly on the home page...

Screenshotfrom2023-08-1608-41-39.thumb.png.a15d820ddbcf617196f5a3af5d357e6c.png

But I did notice something in the video that did play and now stalls with an error...

Screenshotfrom2023-08-1608-46-57.png.2dbb845224fb55bd910ff28bfd2c5f2d.png

It came back with a playback error, the time line is 0:00   then -1:09:12/9:56 ???

I will wait for the new release to drop and try again,

Screenshot from 2023-08-16 08-48-16.png

mediafamille

@OldHands

iocage console emby-server or console by jail in truenas
nano or vi /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/plugin-default.conf
Change "latest" to "quarterly"
after
pkg remove -f libjpeg-turbo
pkg update
pkg install libjpeg-turbo

OldHands

Thanks mediafamille, downgraded the the lib back too v2.x. Sadly it didn't solve the problem but a tick in the box closer

mediafamille

@OldHands ensuite j'ai installer la version bêta de emby ça fonctionne super bien pour moi j'avais le même souci 

pkg delete emby-server
pkg add --force https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/4.8.0.39/emby-server-freebsd13_4.8.0.39_amd64.pkg
pkg install emby-server-freebsd13_4.8.0.39_amd64.pkg

If you're running the beta server, please let us know how 4.8.0.42 compares once it is available. It will now have libpeg embedded so that the version on your system doesn't matter.

Once we get through the beta build, then we'll look at doing a 4.7.14 stable release to resolve the issue on the stable channel. Thanks guys.

mediafamille

@Luc does version 4.8.0.42 work on truenas? because version 4.8.0.40 and 4.8.0.41 does not work sure truenas it crashes I tried to install them both

Catch33

I am also running into this problem. I have been troubleshooting for days getting no closer to a solution.

Also running TrueNAS 13 and it seems beta 4.8.0.41 does not install correctly.

I have attached the logs from the stable version 4.7.13.0

Please @Lukeor @OldHandslet me know if you find a solution

embyserver.txt

OldHands

@Catch33Hi, waiting to try beta 4.8.0.41 when it drops. Hopefully, no more lucky socks, rabbits foot hanging on the monitor or dancing around the sacred stone naked while muttering incantations hoping for good working install :)

The experts have this so I am not going to chew my nails down to the elbow.

• Haha 1

HI, hopefully the issues should be resolved now using the following Emby Server versions:

Stable: 4.7.14+

Beta: 4.8.0.42+

Please try it out and report your experience. Thanks !

OldHands

Thanks Luke... its Very Good and a bit of bad news. I will tell you the bad bit first....

Screenshotfrom2023-08-2511-01-43.thumb.png.377a1f8480002ee3bf26545e2ebe9426.png

I am unable to scroll down the screen :( I can only select from what is shown and unable to reach /Videos at the bottom. There is no window scrolling so I can not see below /etc.

THE GOOD NEWS

Screenshotfrom2023-08-2510-55-44.thumb.png.5df7efc73ae1f3d9f34670b09b1df9f2.png

I see thumbs... well done, Phew :)

Screenshotfrom2023-08-2510-57-00.thumb.png.0c756f10f694ceabd355e0c1d9a718c4.png

NO play issues everything works smoothly. No hang ups or daft errors, smooth as a nut :)

I have not test TV series or Movies yet, the folder path is a bit long, I will wait to you fix the scroll down the folder in the Add Library to reach them correctly.

Please check my install method, old brain trouble. I saved the history to a text file for you. I used the TureNAS beta plugin as a base, uninstalled Emby-server from iocage console. I had two errors...

pkg: Missing dependency 'mbedtls'     fixed with pkg update and pkg install mbedtls     and set IGNORE_OSVERSION=yes

Great work, thanks

embynote.txt

I am unable to scroll down the screen

Hi, this is specific to the beta channel and is resolved for the next build. Thanks !

OldHands

@LukeHi, I just only installed Version 4.8.0.44 beta yesterday evening. I am pleased to report I have found no problems what so ever other than to pkg install mbedtls from using the old and current community version as a base.

Great work Luke, thank you for the work you do. Look forward to test driving the new Stable version.

• Thanks 1