AppleTV Connection Problem

DiggityDan
Go to solution Solved by DiggityDan,

DiggityDan

I'm having this exact same problem on multiple Apple TVs in my home. Server appears on home screen, click it to connect and get spinning wheel perpetually. Try and delete the server, home screen comes back with the server still present. Try and add the same server again, nothing changes. Try to delete Emby and it's data from Apple TV and reinstall, server is still added and doesn't work on home screen. I can use Infuse from the both Apple TVs to talk to Emby server, but not the Emby app. Server is up and running, confirm with Infuse on same device and through a browser on a laptop. At a loss here. It's been this way for about a year.

DiggityDan

Hey Luke,

Thanks for the crazy quick response! When I try to add the same server again, the app chews on it for a second, then returns to the home screen. The home screen at this point is the same as before I tried to add the same server again, still displaying the original server icon.

Hi, what happens if you delete the servers from the server selection screen, and then do a manual connection after that?

DiggityDan

The delete doesn't work. When I select delete a server, it takes me to the screen to select the server and my server is listed. However when I select my server from the list, it returns to the home screen and the server is still listed.

34 minutes ago, DiggityDan said:

The delete doesn't work. When I select delete a server, it takes me to the screen to select the server and my server is listed. However when I select my server from the list, it returns to the home screen and the server is still listed.

Is the server on your local network? If so then the delete server function is working but it's just getting detected again and re-added after that.

Does that answer your question?

DiggityDan

The server is on my network, so if it's automatically being added back I guess that makes sense. Any thoughts on where to go from here? I still can't get past the server selection screen. I just bought an android box (Ziddo Z9X Pro) and that also works fine with my setup. 

Can you try a new server connection by manually entering the address? Also have you updated to Emby for Apple TV 1.7.8?

DiggityDan

When I try and add a new server and use the IP address of my existing server that's already showing up, it just returns me to the launch screen. My server is still listed and when I click on it, I just go to a screen with the server name and a spinning wheel below it. My Apple TV Emby app is 1.7.8.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Solution
DiggityDan

Wanted to come back and provide an update. I updated my Emby server to 4.7.14 and it resolved the issue.

• Thanks 1