ARD Mediathek Plugin - Live TV

DTox83

Ich habe mir heute (zum probieren) das ARD Mediathek Plugin heruntergeladen und bin auf den Ordner "Live TV" gestoßen.

Leider kann ich (im Bild ist die Meldung zu sehen) keine Live Streams abspielen!? 

Benötige ich dafür ein anderes Plugin oder so?

LG

===

I downloaded the ARD Mediathek plugin today (to try it out) and found the "Live TV" folder. Unfortunately I can't (you can see the message in the picture) play any live streams!? Do I need another plugin for this or something?

LG

IMG20230814145743.jpg

Yes Luke!

Its Emby Version 4.7.13.0 and my ServerPC runs on Windows 7, 64bit

The ARD Plugin is Version 4.7.051

The ZDF Plugin is Version 4.7.051

In the Screenshot you can see the Problem:

There are currently No compatible Streams available! Please try again later or Contact the System Admin for Informationen!

=> Thank U for your Help<=

On 8/18/2023 at 1:21 PM, DTox83 said:

Yes Luke!

Its Emby Version 4.7.13.0 and my ServerPC runs on Windows 7, 64bit

The ARD Plugin is Version 4.7.051

The ZDF Plugin is Version 4.7.051

In the Screenshot you can see the Problem:

There are currently No compatible Streams available! Please try again later or Contact the System Admin for Informationen!

=> Thank U for your Help<=

Hi @DTox83are you connecting to your own Emby Server, or someone else's?

• 3 weeks later...

@DTox83 - I'm afraid, but the live streams aren't working currently in the MediaThek plugins. 

Opposed to the VOD streams, there's some special mechanism for the live streams that would be somewhat complex to implement and not worth the effort, because then you still wouldn't have those channels as TV channels in Emby, which means: no guide, no recording, no time shift etc. - so I had decided to bring their live channels into Emby later as a tuner source provided for TVnext (currently delayed).

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DTox83 said:

@softworkzOK, thank you very much for the answer. Your answer make me sad, but unfortunately it can't be changed. I can live with that☺️ The plugins are still great!❤️

There's a new plugin coming soon which will give you complete and structured access to all Mediatheks content, including Swiss, Austria, Arte, KiKa, German 3rd programs and even more.

The existing plugins won't go away, though. They are providing the same/similar content views like the official Mediathek clients, focused on the latest highlights and the most popular content, whereas the new plugin will show the content more like an Emby library.

Stay tuned! 🙂 

• Like 4

On 9/20/2023 at 11:24 PM, softworkz said:

There's a new plugin coming soon which will give you complete and structured access to all Mediatheks content, including Swiss, Austria, Arte, KiKa, German 3rd programs and even more.

The existing plugins won't go away, though. They are providing the same/similar content views like the official Mediathek clients, focused on the latest highlights and the most popular content, whereas the new plugin will show the content more like an Emby library.

Stay tuned! 🙂 

Oh yeah ❤️. Thats great. 🤗🤗 

Than I say Thank You soo much

• 3 months later...
KiwiiWilli

Regarding softworkz' and DTox83's comments above, is there an approximate date when the new plugin will be available? Cheers

KiwiiWilli

Regarding softworkz' and DTox83's comments above, is there an approximate date when the new plugin will be available? Cheers

Thanks for your prompt reply. Can I ask when the 4.8 release is scheduled for?

• 2 weeks later...
muppet4k
On 8/14/2023 at 3:01 PM, DTox83 said:

Ich habe mir heute (zum probieren) das ARD Mediathek Plugin heruntergeladen und bin auf den Ordner "Live TV" gestoßen.

Leider kann ich (im Bild ist die Meldung zu sehen) keine Live Streams abspielen!? 

Benötige ich dafür ein anderes Plugin oder so?

LG

===

I downloaded the ARD Mediathek plugin today (to try it out) and found the "Live TV" folder. Unfortunately I can't (you can see the message in the picture) play any live streams!? Do I need another plugin for this or something?

LG

IMG20230814145743.jpg

Any update ?

KiwiiWilli
1 hour ago, muppet4k said:

Any update ?

Habe leider noch nichts weiter gehört

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, horstepipe said:

Hey softworkz,

is this still planned?

Definitely. We've done some work on it during the past few weeks. A small amount of issues are still remaining, but it's coming.

• Thanks 1