In Progress Movies and Episodes in one widget

Zodler

Zodler

Can we have movies and episodes in progress in just one widget?

These are movies and episodes in EmbyCon and not in Kodi library. There is no Kodi library.

Zodler

This works partially. If you choose EmbyCon and navigate to Custom Nodes and the node you made, it works and shows the In Progress.

But if you add this node to any skin as a widget, it is always empty and not showing any items! What is going on?

Edited by Zodler

Zodler

I tried 3 different skins and the custom node you make will always show empty if added as a widget to the skin.

EmbyCon version is 1.9.135

Edited by Zodler

TeamB
9 hours ago, Zodler said:

I tried 3 different skins and the custom node you make will always show empty if added as a widget to the skin.

EmbyCon version is 1.9.135

its working fine for me in Amber, this is a custom menu item and "shelf" item based on the custom node, this is showing an episode of a TV show and a movie

image.png.d7ebda831720f8fe08cb94062580ade7.png

Zodler

Definitely not working for me. Installed Amber. Then chose

Add-On> Video Add-On> EmbyCon> Custom Nodes> In Progress Nodes> Use As Widget

Not working. I have CoreELEC 9.2.8 Kodi Leia 18. I can not go higher because it is an Amlogic S912 hardware.

It must be Kodi 18 that is not compatible with EmbyCon 1.9.135. Anything more I can do?

TeamB

I am surprised Kodi 18 even still works, that is years old correct?

sorry no, I have not tested or used kodi 18 in a very long time.

Zodler

Yes Kodi 18 still works. Why shouldn't it work? As long as you have everything installed, you don't need anything newer or to update. Video codecs have not changed much. It can play H265 10bit and also HDR.

TeamB
1 hour ago, Zodler said:

Yes Kodi 18 still works. Why shouldn't it work? As long as you have everything installed, you don't need anything newer or to update. Video codecs have not changed much. It can play H265 10bit and also HDR.

I meant I am surprised EmbyCon still works with it.

TeamB

I think the last build for Kodi 18 was EmbyCon 1.9.135

BUT that does not mean it will work with the laest version of the Emby Server, it is years old now

Zodler

Oh I already have 1.9.135. I thought that's the latest version. The repository.beta.emby.kodi-1.0.10.zip doesn't propose newer versions to me

Maybe I will try a newer EmbyCon and see what happens.

Zodler

I did a little more testing with 1.9.135. It kind of works. It is always one step behind. If you watch a little A, it doesn't show up. If you watch a little of B, then A shows up and so on. The Force Refresh Widget is on. It seems nodes don't refresh properly in this version.

TeamB
30 minutes ago, Zodler said:

I did a little more testing with 1.9.135. It kind of works. It is always one step behind. If you watch a little A, it doesn't show up. If you watch a little of B, then A shows up and so on. The Force Refresh Widget is on. It seems nodes don't refresh properly in this version.

in the custom node setup set use cache to false

Zodler

Thank you. It worked! And I made sure it works, playing several different medias and all worked.

I said great, now it works and I can change the order of the widgets. As soon as I changed them, now it is not working at all! not even with a delay. Completely empty. Very strange situation.

Just a suggestion. You have a Customs Widgets with Episodes in Progress and Movies in Progress. Add a mixed in Progress for both. Everyone has it. Embuary skin has it.

Seger

I'm eagerly reading along, but more for the reason that I heard about EmbyCon's individual node setting for the first time. I opted for the EmbyforKodi addon years ago and then somehow stayed with Kodi next Generation, but somehow the conversation makes me want to try EmbyCon again.

As already written, I'm not at EmbyCon but maybe it applies in your case and helps you to narrow down your problem. I once experienced that widgets remain empty if you have set a filter somewhere in the respective library. If it doesn't apply or is nonsense, just read over it.

Best regards

Seger

Zodler

You should definitely try EmbyCon, I bet it works well with the new Kodi. My problem is that I have to use Kodi 18 and not newer.

EmbyCon is much easier. It doesn't need the Kodi library and syncing. You directly read the nodes and no syncing needed.

Are you talking about filters in kodi library? EmbyCon doesn't use the kodi library if that is what you mean.

Edited by Zodler

TeamB
8 hours ago, Zodler said:

I said great, now it works and I can change the order of the widgets. As soon as I changed them, now it is not working at all! not even with a delay. Completely empty. Very strange situation.

that is weird, once you have it set (and it is empty and it sould not be) try restarting Kodi.

there are a lot of skins out there that use helper libs/addons that have not been udated for kodi 18 in a very long time, this is the problem with old versions of Kodi, a lot of the cool functionality of Kodi is supplyed by addons and addons that use other addons and as they get older they can have isues that are not fixed.

Zodler

I use Titan skin. Your widgets work. Episodes in Progress and Movies in Progress in your Customs Widgets work perfectly. I'm using 2 separate widgets now but if you add a mixed in progress to your Custom Widgets that would be great and also very natural!

TeamB

The main problem with mixed widgets is they Kodi does not have any concept of mixed types. So layout can be effected and a layout will not know what the type is, this can cause issues with display and metadata display.

Also I am no longer updating the old 1.9 version, so even if I added it the old 1.9 version of the addon would not get the changes.