Random favorites

toomanynights

toomanynights

Hello!

I'm using Emby server and Emby for Kodi plugin. For some reason, some episodes and movies (not all of them, but a majority) are shown in Kodi as if they were marked as favorites, however I didn't mark any, and they are not favorites in Emby.

Any idea how I could fix this? Thanks!

toomanynights

Hi quickmic,

I don't understand completely how Kodi-Emby integration works, so I'll try to explain the entire situation.

I do not have any items in Kodi, apart from those received from Emby for Kodi. Some of those items (may be movies, TV shows or episodes of those shows) have a star icon, as if they were marked as favorites. Funny thing is, in a context menu there is still a possibility to perform "Add to favorites" action. When chosen, it changes nothing (the star remains where it is), but gets replaced with "Remove from favorites" action instead. Choosing it, once again, changes nothing.

I should add that I use Emby for Kodi v. 8.2.7 with updates disabled. I don't have much choice in the matter, because at some point newer versions suddenly started giving the error:

FINAL WARNING: Complete database reset is required! If you decline, please stop here and MANUALLY downgrade to the previous version.

I call it error rather than warning, because when I agree, Emby database gets wiped from this Kodi instance and it never works again, until I downgrade the plugin as suggested.

PS Oh... Scratch that. I did some digging and it turns out, "star" is not a "favorite item", it is... "recently added item"! Weird choice, Kodi...

Anyway, it's still strange how in a single bunch, added at the same time, some items are considered "recently added" and some not, but I guess that's not as exciting a mystery.

quickmic
35 minutes ago, toomanynights said:

I should add that I use Emby for Kodi v. 8.2.7 with updates disabled. I don't have much choice in the matter, because at some point newer versions suddenly started giving the error:

I call it error rather than warning, because when I agree, Emby database gets wiped from this Kodi instance and it never works again, until I downgrade the plugin as suggested.

That would be a bug, I need a kodi.log to review this issue.

toomanynights

I can provide it. Do you need the log before or after the database gets wiped? Asking because I still have one Kodi instance with newer Emby for Kodi where this dialog is yet unresolved.

quickmic

After, trigger the update. Please send me the kodi.log and the kodi.old.log.

Also after update and Kodi restart.

btw, I'm quite sure it has nothing to do with the actual update procedure, but let's see.

toomanynights

Eh, that is so strange... I did as before, chose add-on mode, and it just started working. I assumed it was because 8.2.10 wasn't around when I encountered this, but then I tried 8.2.9 and it worked as well.

Seems like the problem, whatever it was, didn't come from the plugin. It is quite puzzling why it didn't appear on 8.2.7 even back then, but I guess we'll never know.

Thanks for offering to look into this :)

• Like 1