a New attempt at Emby - not starting well

Vesemir7

Vesemir7

Hi!

One year and a half later (see old post)

I'm trying to have a new go at Emby, now 4.7.13.0, same NAS as of old. Bought a new month for full features.

I understand I might have to work around bandwidth (in progress) and hardware limitation but I do not understand why I can't just a a simple LOW quality experience as long as it's smooth.

Sometimes it's with the webclient on my pc (I'm in a remote location from the NAS), sometimes it's from my phone, sometimes from the Emby APP that I've installed in a Samsung Smart TV.

Here follows the log after a local playback attempt from said Smart TV.

embyserver.txt

• 2 weeks later...
Vesemir7

@LukeI'm running DSM 7.1.1-42962 Update 6, not sure what you mean about the package file? I downloaded the 64 bit version from the Emby website

Vesemir7

So... I upgraded to DSM 7.2 Update 3 (64570)

Emby upgraded to  4.7.13.0

Same story 🙃

Restarted the NAS a couple of times to make sure everything was smooth, connected via usual remote connection, going to play the first and only file you will see in the logs.

Again, I have plans to upgrade the connectivity NAS-side, so I accept the limitation in quality (roughly it doesn't go better than 720 1.5 Mbps) but the streams not even starting is a dealbreaker.

ffmpeg-transcode-7e17aced-a6ab-4bc2-9d5e-dd052e056977_1.txt embyserver.txt

Vesemir7

I'm not renewing my subscription at this time, at least until I upgrade the Internet connection NAS-side and rule that out. I desperately want Emby to work for me but it just doesn't.

Vesemir7

The browser is not relevant because I'm having the same behavior from the android app on my phone/tablet and from the Smart TV app as well. Upgrading to 4.7.14.0 anyway, no problem!

3 hours ago, Vesemir7 said:

The browser is not relevant because I'm having the same behavior from the android app on my phone/tablet and from the Smart TV app as well. Upgrading to 4.7.14.0 anyway, no problem!

Let us know how you get on. Thanks.

Vesemir7

It looks like the content that is able to be reproduced is being played faster and even skipping timeframe is more responsive. It looks like transcoding is kicking in better somehow, although this is empirical.

I tried to launch 5 or 6 different titles coming from different file formats, bitrates and so on... I still get some Non compatible streams error on some items.

• Thanks 1

On 8/28/2023 at 4:24 PM, Vesemir7 said:

It looks like the content that is able to be reproduced is being played faster and even skipping timeframe is more responsive. It looks like transcoding is kicking in better somehow, although this is empirical.

I tried to launch 5 or 6 different titles coming from different file formats, bitrates and so on... I still get some Non compatible streams error on some items.

Thanks. Happy to look at specific examples of where you're still getting the error.