Chapter Skip - NVIDIA Shield?

mikey63
Go to solution Solved by rbjtech,

mikey63

So far so great with Emby. 

On the Kodi there was a keymapper app, which you could assign buttons on the Shield remote. I had one to skip to next chapter (to avoid intro credits to TV shows), is this possible on Emby somehow? The skip button takes you to the next episode on the transport bar. I saw the chapter plugin that analyses for theme music etc (great idea) to create chapters, but it's a bit above my knowledge level at the moment. 

• Solution
rbjtech
22 hours ago, mikey63 said:

So far so great with Emby. 

On the Kodi there was a keymapper app, which you could assign buttons on the Shield remote. I had one to skip to next chapter (to avoid intro credits to TV shows), is this possible on Emby somehow? The skip button takes you to the next episode on the transport bar. I saw the chapter plugin that analyses for theme music etc (great idea) to create chapters, but it's a bit above my knowledge level at the moment. 

The Core now has Introskip built in - no need to use the Plugin.

You can then manually hit enter when the 'Skip Intro' pops up - or configure it to automatically skip the Intro if you like.

Set it up in your library configuration - and then set the emby clients to use it - fyi - it may take a while to analyse of a large library.

For normal 'chapter skip' during playback (if using AndroidTV) then just hit 'up' on the remote and then left/right to jump to the Chapters that pop up.   On the replacement 'Standard' App it's not as easy and involves all sorts of button mashing ...🤬

Edited by rbjtech
  • Thanks 1

mikey63

Thanks ! I'll dig into that, very much appreciate the information. I'll probably set it running overnight then as it's a fairly large library. 

Button mashing doesn't sound easy, so will do the method you suggest. Have tried all kinds of software to add chapter markers without re-encoding too. 

mikey63

So I tried this on the PC test setup I have before trying it on the Shield. Worked, but soon as I hit skip intro took me to the subscribe to Premiere ! Is there a list of shows that the feature is compatible with somewhere. I mean if there's a ton, then it'd be worthwhile the upgrade to premiere. As most of the other features I don't need.