DSM Update to 7.2.-64570 Incompatible with Emby

Hangfire

Hangfire

Hi I am also having this problem I installed DSM 7.2-64570 Update 3 and Emby server absolutely will not work. I also tried to install emby-server-synology72_4.7.13.0_x86_64.spk and it does not install the only version that did work is from the Beta Channel emby-server-synology72_4.8.0.40_x86_64.spk but half of my plugins are now broken. Please advise. 

Hangfire

When I installed the latest version of DSM 7.2-64570 Update 3 Emby server would not run. I was informed it was incompatible with the version of DSM and is "Stopped".

The NAS is a Synology DS1019+ and I downloaded emby-server-synology72_4.7.13.0_x86_64.spk and tried to manually install it and was informed that "This package requires DSM 7.2-*" (I can't remember the exact numbers sorry!)

I then downloaded the beta version emby-server-synology72_4.8.0.40_x86_64.spk and that did install and it runs. 

But now I'm facing multiple plugins not working. 

lIzT9Hp1.thumb.png.8ee2ac05200926f7d3e74a9b9e583c90.png

please see the attached alerts.txt file any advice?

Alerts.txt

20 hours ago, Hangfire said:

When I installed the latest version of DSM 7.2-64570 Update 3 Emby server would not run. I was informed it was incompatible with the version of DSM and is "Stopped".

The NAS is a Synology DS1019+ and I downloaded emby-server-synology72_4.7.13.0_x86_64.spk and tried to manually install it and was informed that "This package requires DSM 7.2-*" (I can't remember the exact numbers sorry!)

I then downloaded the beta version emby-server-synology72_4.8.0.40_x86_64.spk and that did install and it runs. 

But now I'm facing multiple plugins not working. 

lIzT9Hp1.thumb.png.8ee2ac05200926f7d3e74a9b9e583c90.png

please see the attached alerts.txt file any advice?

Alerts.txt 2.08 kB · 0 downloads

Hi, sometimes a new server version requires that plugins publish compatibility updates. The update for the backup plugin is already in the catalog for download. I would suggest reporting your issue with the statistics plugin to the developer:

DSM 7.2 here, DSM automatically upgraded my Emby to 4.7.11. Emby dashboard says 4.7.13 is available, but when I download, there is no option to upgrade from Emby dash. DSM dash still says 4.7.11 is latest version.

10 minutes ago, rod626 said:

DSM 7.2 here, DSM automatically upgraded my Emby to 4.7.11. Emby dashboard says 4.7.13 is available, but when I download, there is no option to upgrade from Emby dash. DSM dash still says 4.7.11 is latest version.

Hi, is there no updating from directly inside Emby on the synology platform. You either update from dsm or our website.

The website version will usually be a little ahead.

23 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, is there no updating from directly inside Emby on the synology platform. You either update from dsm or our website.

The website version will usually be a little ahead.

Oh, right. I think I was so accustomed to manually installing spk from DSM that I got confused when it offered to upgrade me automatically today.  Thanks for the correction

Hangfire

Luke, that's great news thanks, but when will I be able to install the mainline emby release with DSM 7.2-64570 Update 3 because 4.7.13 won't install.

Edited by Hangfire

alucryd

I've got no problem installing 4.7.13 here on a fully updated DS218+. Unfortunately you won't be able to downgrade now that you've installed the latest beta as the database is incompatible (unless you can start fresh).

We've got almost the same CPU, so as far as Synology goes, we are on the same family and there's no reason you wouldn't be able to install the package if I can. If you could try again, I'd be interested to see the exact error message you're getting.

9 hours ago, Hangfire said:

sorry I cannot start fresh I've got over 30 active users on my server and the downtime isn't possible

OK so then I would install the latest beta build. Thanks.

Dusan78

I have done the DSM Update 3 and now I notice my emby server is shutting down on it own.  Fix I found errors with inotify max value problem so I fixed that and thought it was all done.  But, the server has now shut down again.  It start fine but, after some time someone informs me that server is down.   What should I do?  

Dusan78

I now notice the movie library keeps doing the scan even when I turn of real time monitoring.  It just keeps starting over and over again.

image.png.b9964f868cdb7a23cbba3f0d5ffc6a88.png

1 hour ago, Dusan78 said:

I now notice the movie library keeps doing the scan even when I turn of real time monitoring.  It just keeps starting over and over again.

image.png.b9964f868cdb7a23cbba3f0d5ffc6a88.png

HI, please attach the emby server log from when the problem occurred:

Thanks.

Dusan78

embyserver-63827723669_(1_Movie Scanning).txtembyserver-63827720042_(2_Server Stop Again).txtembyserver-63827680689_(3_Manual Restart).txtembyserver-63827679600_(4_Inotify_limit_error).txtembyserver-63827678892_(5).txtembyserver-63827677592_(6_1st Server Stop).txtembyserver.txt

So #6 I noticed server was stopped in the morning.  I started/restarted it again and looked at the log and #4 I saw the inotify watch user limit error and fixed that with Task  Scheduler mod.

I thought everything would be back to normal but, then user told me server was offline again which is #2.  I then again started it from Packages and noticed movie media scanning over and over and over so I unchecked real time watch and because it still continued I then restarted server manually and this brings us to main embyserver.txt file.

I hope I made that clear and labelled the files. 

Dusan78

...and I still can't use any arrows to either adjust settings or even on home screen, I can't scroll right on latest media when I click the arrow.  However, on "continue watching" section scrolling right and left does work.image.png.01279f60136b4dbe03ed3f5d857ad461.png

2 hours ago, Dusan78 said:

embyserver-63827723669_(1_Movie Scanning).txt 3.6 MB · 0 downloads embyserver-63827720042_(2_Server Stop Again).txt 2.57 MB · 0 downloads embyserver-63827680689_(3_Manual Restart).txt 215.29 kB · 0 downloads embyserver-63827679600_(4_Inotify_limit_error).txt 72.86 kB · 0 downloads embyserver-63827678892_(5).txt 88.87 kB · 0 downloads embyserver-63827677592_(6_1st Server Stop).txt 3.92 MB · 0 downloads embyserver.txt 1.75 MB · 0 downloads

So #6 I noticed server was stopped in the morning.  I started/restarted it again and looked at the log and #4 I saw the inotify watch user limit error and fixed that with Task  Scheduler mod.

I thought everything would be back to normal but, then user told me server was offline again which is #2.  I then again started it from Packages and noticed movie media scanning over and over and over so I unchecked real time watch and because it still continued I then restarted server manually and this brings us to main embyserver.txt file.

I hope I made that clear and labelled the files. 

Hi, please try removing these plugins:

Auto Organize 1.6.2.0
	CoverArt 4.1.20.0
	Email Notifications 3.1.6.0
	Playback Reporting 2.0.0.4
	Statistics 3.0.10.0

Then restart the server and see how things compare. 

heffeque

If it helps, I personally don't have any issues with 4.7.13.0 on DSM 7.2-64570 Update 3.

Maybe because I have a lot of disabled plugins (basically anything that I don't use gets canned, for performance and security reasons).

I'm on a DS918+.

Dusan78

Ok, so I have uninstalled everything except Auto Organize from those plugins.  It's kind of a mission critical plugin for me.  Is there a different version (I believe there was one I downloaded long ago from the forums that wasnt available from plugins).

Also, I am not sure what I am suppose to notice?  Were these plugins responsible for  server shutting down on it own?  since last manual start server has not shut down on its own yet.  As for the other browser issues, they are still there.  I still cant change any setting that has the arrow drop down and I still can't scroll latest media on home screen when using PC browser (Edge, Chrome, Brave).

Ok, so I have also installed Firefox browser and have just tried using it as well.  There was no issue, with scrolling and also changing settings with the drop down arrows.  So emby web on firefox seems to work fine on my PC.  

Please just let me know about "auto organize" and if this is something that was causing the server shutdown as I couldnt see anything in the log as the log file just stops without really giving any info about it.

I also havent enabled back real time watch for media so I am not sure what will happen there but, I will update.

Thank you for help!

Dusan78

Update....So far server has been working alright with no shutdowns.  Auto Organize is still installed.  I might try and install other plugins one by one and see if it causes issues.

• Thanks 1