Specific video won't play in Opera

StukaJU87c

StukaJU87c

Hi,

I'm pretty new to this and very unknowledgeable on the topic, but was unable to find any useful results with a google search. I have a specific video that refuses to play in Opera. It just hangs w/ the loading spinner. No logs are generated from the attempt, but it does show it on the dashboard. Attaching logs from the same file that were generated on Firefox and a Roku. I saw a post that Opera doesn't support some video / audio formats for direct play, but it's just not playing at all. Can anyone shed some light on why this isn't working?

ffmpeg-remux-3db2dc25-cd35-4cb7-bc02-bd62542c8d85_1.txt embyserver.txt ffmpeg-transcode-442d8372-c587-46b7-92d6-3b5033d6f046_1.txt

StukaJU87c

I had the same result, but I've managed to get it to play...but only if subtitles are enabled. I've replicated the same issues on another file as well. Both are 1080p HEVC, AAC 7.1. I think the issue is happening with AAC 7.1. I have other files with HEVC, but as far as I can find these are the only  two with AAC 7.1. AAC 5.1 & Stereo doesn't seem to have any issues.

The second file plays fine with either subtitles enabled OR the audio switched to AAC Stereo commentary. The first file doesn't have another audio option, so I can't test it.

With AAC 7.1 the movies play as expected if I turn subtitles on, but if I disable them it will cut it off immediately mid-playback. I tried switching subtitles as well, and that worked fine after a small delay. Here are the logs those, I'm not sure if this would be in there but on both plays I turned subtitles off mid-playback, killing it.

ffmpeg-directstream-77bd5a57-1fad-45cd-81d0-1db3cf3297a8_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-ee762de7-9e9d-4a7f-a17d-0a1c138f098c_1.txt

Edited by StukaJU87c