Downloading Subtitles in Kodi

Skyecairns

Skyecairns

Having some problem with subtitles using EmbyCon.  If I select the movie or Tv show using favourites and select the download file in kodi it shows on the screen but doesn't download it in the folder where the Movie or TV show is located.  However if I select the movie using Videos-Files-Folder-File then when I select to download it in Kodi it downloads the file in the appropriate folder.  Is there some way to get Kodi to download the file using Favourites to show the Movies? Thanks

TeamB
7 hours ago, Skyecairns said:

Having some problem with subtitles using EmbyCon.  If I select the movie or Tv show using favourites and select the download file in kodi it shows on the screen but doesn't download it in the folder where the Movie or TV show is located.  However if I select the movie using Videos-Files-Folder-File then when I select to download it in Kodi it downloads the file in the appropriate folder.  Is there some way to get Kodi to download the file using Favourites to show the Movies? Thanks

i am surprised it works at all, what type of playback are you using in the settings?

you really should manage your subtitles on the emby server, that way they are available to all the clients through emby.

Skyecairns
12 minutes ago, TeamB said:

i am surprised it works at all, what type of playback are you using in the settings?

you really should manage your subtitles on the emby server, that way they are available to all the clients through emby.

i am surprised it works at all, what type of playback are you using in the settings?  If your talking Kodi settings playback i've attached a print screen.

I've attached print screen of emby servers sub titles page.  

I just thought I could download the subtitles for a movie while I watched it.  If not I just grab the sub titles after I download it via the Videos-File-folder-movie routine.

Emby Server Subtitles.png

Kodi Settings.png