Mac OS beta.

100Tomer

100Tomer

Hi, is there an option to install Emby beta version on MacOS? The beta version in the Emby website is not updated with the latest 4.8 beta. 

thanks 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
blgentry

I'm a very excited new adopter of Emby.  My chosen server platform is MacOS.  I'm currently running the 4.7.14 Intel version, as it works properly with the Cover Art Plugin, while the ARM version does not.

I would very much enjoy trying out the 4.8 Beta on MacOS.  I'm hoping this post encourages the person that does the MacOS development to release a beta build.  Your MacOS customers are out here!  :)

Thanks for reading,

Brian.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

100Tomer

Yeah me too. Every release in GitHub I searching for the Mac OS to try it out, it will be really great so  have Mac OS in the beta releases

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
blgentry

I'm still waiting and hoping for a MacOS beta build.  I see a new beta came out yesterday, but sadly nothing for Mac.  

Please?

Brian.

• 2 weeks later...
100Tomer
On 9/29/2023 at 8:09 PM, Luke said:

Hi, yes hopefully soon. Thanks.

Hi Luke. Can we maybe get it soon? I’m dying to try the new version 

Also just for curiosity, why Mac OS beta version is not included like the rest of the version every beta build? 

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
joechilds
On 29/09/2023 at 18:09, Luke said:

Hi, yes hopefully soon. Thanks.

Please do release a beta for Mac! It's a shame we Mac users haven't been able to join in the 18 months of beta testing for this new version.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

blgentry

If Emby server 4.8 is going to be released "soon" as has been discussed elsewhere, doesn't it make sense to get all of the platform targets to a buildable state as soon as possible?  There appear to be at least a dozen and a half targets that are build with each of the beta releases.  All kinds of odd things like Western Digital NAS builds.  But the MacOS build has never shown up.

If it is tricky to build that for some reason, doesn't it make sense to start doing that now, rather than wait until 4.8 is about to be released?  Or are you actually deciding that you are not going to support MacOS as a server any more? I would be very sad if that were true.  I'm asking because it's super weird that you have so many different targets built, but not MacOS.

Thanks for reading.

Brina.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

blgentry

I see there's another new build of 4.8 and no MacOS version.  At this point I'm wondering if I need to plan on moving to a different platform for Emby.

Is Emby Server 4.8 going to be available and supported for MacOS?  I really hope so.  If not, I'd like to know sooner than later.

Thanks,

Brian.

3 hours ago, blgentry said:

I see there's another new build of 4.8 and no MacOS version.  At this point I'm wondering if I need to plan on moving to a different platform for Emby.

Is Emby Server 4.8 going to be available and supported for MacOS?  I really hope so.  If not, I'd like to know sooner than later.

Thanks,

Brian.

Hi, yes it will be. Thanks.

joechilds
32 minutes ago, Luke said:

Thanks Luke. 

Will 4.8 release for macOS at the same time as other platforms? I’ve seen you comment that 4.8 is almost ready to go stable, but with zero beta testing for Mac, will it be ready for launch? Have you been testing it internally? Or is the Mac version so similar to the other versions that you’re not worried about Mac-exclusive bugs?

Edited by joechilds
  • Agree 1

blgentry
6 hours ago, Luke said:

Thanks for confirming.  I'm excited to try out 4.8!

Brian.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
100Tomer
2 hours ago, joechilds said:

The latest beta has a build for Mac, thanks Luke!

Is this build included Hardware acceleration support for the M1? Also Luke would it help you If I will test the build on a couple M models?

Cipri1984
On 12/14/2023 at 7:11 PM, joechilds said:

The latest beta has a build for Mac, thanks Luke!

Where can we download the latest beta (4.8) for Mac?

100Tomer
6 minutes ago, Luke said:

Yea I need to look at why the website isn't reflecting it, but it's up.

Hi Luke is this version including the hardware acceleration? If so I could not get it to work. I also can test the Mac version on a couple of M chips models if it would help. 

• Thanks 1

ronmramsayii

Hey @Lukewoild it be possible to get the latest .64 beta build? There were two fixes over the last week I’m hoping to confirm, live TV reconnecting and removing a user from shared libraries. 

• Thanks 1