AndroidTV - Invalid username or password..

ondralohnisky

ondralohnisky
ystem.Exception: System.Exception: Invalid username or password..
2023-08-10 14:37:42.683 Error Server: Access token is invalid or expired.
2023-08-10 14:37:44.228 Error Server: Access token is invalid or expired.
2023-08-10 14:38:00.643 Error Server: Access token is invalid or expired.
2023-08-10 14:38:01.611 Error Server: Access token is invalid or expired.
2023-08-10 14:38:02.594 Error Server: Access token is invalid or expired.
2023-08-10 14:38:03.408 Error Server: Access token is invalid or expired.

Hello, I am having problem with login in android TV emby app. On mobile, browser i can connect normally.
I also reinstalled the androidTV app it 3 different ways, close -> delete cache-> uninstall -> reboot
i restarted the server, also the emby-server.service and nothing helped me.
The user is without password, i already tried adding another user with password and nothing works.
It happened after upgrading to new version, which failed, so i had to remove and purge files of emby-server and installed it again and set everything up, and now i found out that emby android tv app not work 😕
Any suggestions?

ondralohnisky

Hi @Lukeno i didn't forgot password. 
I am able to login everywhere else than in Android TV app.
It is only happening on Android TV all
It does not depend if the password is correct, it just gives me "Invalid username or password"
I am sorry for that full log of my shell, that was not intended, i will edit that.

Edited by ondralohnisky

ondralohnisky

Could you please remove my penultimate message, i mean that one where is my whole terminal output, its a security issue for me. Thanks :-)

2 hours ago, ondralohnisky said:

Hi @Lukeno i didn't forgot password. 
I am able to login everywhere else than in Android TV app.
It is only happening on Android TV all
It does not depend if the password is correct, it just gives me "Invalid username or password"
I am sorry for that full log of my shell, that was not intended, i will edit that.

Hi, perhaps try clearing application data in the android tv app and then give it another shot?

• Agree 1

ondralohnisky

I did, i forcefully stopped the emby android app, then removed cache and local data, after i unsinatlled it and restarted the android TV and then i started android TV and installed again and still couldn`t login.
Is there some specific authorisation on emby android tv app? Everywhere else it works
It says wrong user ID or password but thats not true, i feel like its somehow cached error and it not even try to match the credentials.

Edited by ondralohnisky

Hi.  After it fails to login is there a "Send logs" button on the screen?  There should be if you are on the select user screen.  Can you please press it after not being able to login and then tell me what time you did that?

Thanks.

FordGT90Concept

I'm seeing something similar too on AndroidTV 2.0.83g.  The only way I can use Emby is because it keeps auto-signing into an account that it was signed into from months ago.  If I force log off or manually connect to the same server, it shows lock symbols on all of the users.  If I try to switch accounts, it demands a password.  The server settings are correct (only supposed to demand password for remote connections) and the local user accounts that have no password will not accept no password as an answer.

There seems to be a severe breakdown of communication between this particular AndroidTV 2.0.83g and 4.8.0.42 beta server.  I'm afraid that if I attempt to uninstall the app, I won't be able to sign in again (not sure how it is signing in now).

Sent from AndroidTV at the time of this edit and attached server log...

embyserver.txt

Edited by FordGT90Concept
logs

seanbuff
24 minutes ago, FordGT90Concept said:

There seems to be a severe breakdown of communication between this particular AndroidTV 2.0.83g and 4.8.0.42 beta server.  I'm afraid that if I attempt to uninstall the app, I won't be able to sign in again (not sure how it is signing in now).

I believe yours may be a different issue, since you are on Beta server, but still on stable Android TV app

See here for recent updates the Beta release of Android TV app that better handles logins now since changes in the server 4.8.0.41

• Like 1

11 hours ago, FordGT90Concept said:

local user accounts that have no password will not accept no password as an answer.

Hi. That is because that option has been removed from the beta server. Try updating to the beta app.

• Like 1

ondralohnisky

Hi @Luke sorry for late reply.
I am currenly magically ok with that. But i dont know where was the problem.
I clicked "Send logs" many times at the time i was writing this issue.
I am happy it was solved 🙂
Thank you @Luke

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
Ehsan3500

20231106_195303.thumb.jpg.40b4cdb3a683e30dfccd875d443398c9.jpg

I'm experiencing the same issue on Android TV, where I receive an 'invalid user ID/password' error and get stuck at the loading logo. After clearing the cache on the Android TV, I can log in with my password, but the problem resurfaces when I exit the app and reopen it. I don't encounter this issue on other platforms.

6 minutes ago, Ehsan3500 said:

I'm experiencing the same issue on Android TV, where I receive an 'invalid user ID/password' error and get stuck at the loading logo. After clearing the cache on the Android TV, I can log in with my password, but the problem resurfaces when I exit the app and reopen it. I don't encounter this issue on other platforms.

Hi.  This sounds different from the others in here.  Are you using the beta server?  What version of the app?

Hi.  Try logging in manually and then changing the startup preference to "Show login screen".  Then exit and log back in again.  Now change it back to whatever setting you had before.

What happens now?

Ehsan3500
23 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Try logging in manually and then changing the startup preference to "Show login screen".  Then exit and log back in again.  Now change it back to whatever setting you had before.

What happens now?

Hi, I did that, and now after selecting “show login screen”, exiting and re-entering the app, I keep getting “volleyError”.

I tried entering my username and password manually, but it didn’t work. So I used the switch server option to re-enter the server IP address, and then I was able to see my username and log in. However, after exiting, I was not able to log in again and had to clear the data to make the login screen reappear

2023-11-08 17_44_32-Phone Link.png

Ehsan3500
On 11/8/2023 at 6:39 PM, ebr said:

Hi.  Is it possible your server is displaying an incorrect address on the front dashboard?

Hi.

Checked that , nothing wrong and unusual on server side; by the way everything was fine till recent emby server package update in synology NAS.

Ehsan3500
On 11/10/2023 at 2:07 AM, Luke said:

@Ehsan3500

Hi.  Can you try sideloading our standard android app on the same device and see how that compares?

https://emby.media/emby-for-android.html

Thanks.

Sideloaded the Android arm64 APK, it's working fine with no login errors. However, the AndroidBTv app still requires clearing data every time to open.

14 hours ago, Ehsan3500 said:

AndroidBTv app still requires clearing data every time to open

Hi.  I believe this almost certainly means your server is advertising an incorrect address...