UI Issue

BillOatman
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

BillOatman

In Live TV select Edit in the XMLTV ellipsis ...

image.thumb.png.abd4adb10117adc1aa67a6098f75b42b.png

And you see ...

image.thumb.png.eea909790bef073c8163df97bcffcd95.png

BillOatman
18 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, what version of the Emby Windows app?

Not reproducible apparently, sorry for the time waster.

Edited by BillOatman

mitch2471

I'm getting the same thing shown in billoatmans screenshots when I enter the video settings. Ive noticed that 4k video playback is now stuttering so went to the settings section, clicked on video & got the same thing shown above.

Options overlap over the main settings options making it impossible to change any video settings.

It would be nice to go maybe a few months without an emby update breaking a basic feature!

Luke are you aware of this problem? Is it being worked on?

P.s. would it be possible for you to post a link for a stable server & stable theater download that you're customers can download & use if they run into problems or are just fed up with things being broken by updates. 

9 minutes ago, mitch2471 said:

I'm getting the same thing shown in billoatmans screenshots when I enter the video settings. Ive noticed that 4k video playback is now stuttering so went to the settings section, clicked on video & got the same thing shown above.

Options overlap over the main settings options making it impossible to change any video settings.

It would be nice to go maybe a few months without an emby update breaking a basic feature!

Luke are you aware of this problem? Is it being worked on?

P.s. would it be possible for you to post a link for a stable server & stable theater download that you're customers can download & use if they run into problems or are just fed up with things being broken by updates. 

HI, what settings screen are you seeing this on? It's only an issue on very specific ones, like the live tv settngs and plugin settings.

mitch2471
9 minutes ago, Luke said:

HI, what settings screen are you seeing this on? It's only an issue on very specific ones, like the live tv settngs and plugin settings.

In app settings, video under the emby theater heading.

4 hours ago, mitch2471 said:

In app settings, video under the emby theater heading.

What version of Emby Theater are you running? The video settings seem to be working just fine in my testing.

mitch2471
8 hours ago, Luke said:

What version of Emby Theater are you running? The video settings seem to be working just fine in my testing.

It happens in app settings when you choose either CEC, Audio or Video. Version is 3.0.20.

Can I just have a link to  a previous stable windows release of Theater? I don't need all the latest features, just something that can handle direct play of up to 4k video & live tv. Whichever previous version was capable of this will do.

I don't have the time in my life anymore to frequent the forums looking for answers to fix things that literally 24hrs ago did not need fixing or in worst cases like this when I have to actually make a post & bring it to your attention.  When we switch the tv/emby on in the evening its to relax, not fault find.

Audio.JPG

Settings.JPG

Video.JPG

11 hours ago, mitch2471 said:

It happens in app settings when you choose either CEC, Audio or Video. Version is 3.0.20.

Can I just have a link to  a previous stable windows release of Theater? I don't need all the latest features, just something that can handle direct play of up to 4k video & live tv. Whichever previous version was capable of this will do.

I don't have the time in my life anymore to frequent the forums looking for answers to fix things that literally 24hrs ago did not need fixing or in worst cases like this when I have to actually make a post & bring it to your attention.  When we switch the tv/emby on in the evening its to relax, not fault find.

Audio.JPG

Settings.JPG

Video.JPG

Strange. Can you try restarting the app and see if it's still an issue?

mitch2471

Restarted. Still persists. It's been happening since the weekend. I wasn't overly bothered until I realised that 4k films were stuttering. I went in to the menu to check the video settings & realised that I am now unable to make any changes because of this issue.

mitch2471

No change.  Luke is this a problem with the theater app or the server? 

Can you post a link to a previous version of the theater app or server that I can use in the meantime?

mitch2471
3 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, can you try it again? Are you running a VPN by chance?

Just tried it now. No change. No I am not using a vpn. When was the last server & theater app update last pushed out?

mitch2471

Luke I hate to keep asking but it seems like you can't recreate the problem I'm experiencing.  As such you can't remedy it. Can you pls just post a link to a previous stable server/theater I can install.