Corrected Overview Display

GreatFlashMan

GreatFlashMan

Right, in all the time I have used Emby, this has bothered me, but with all the other issues, I have not mentioned it. But... This is bloody crazing me.

In this day and age, why can the app NOT respect carriage returns in text? The .nfo file contains them but when looking at any text content in Emby (Series and episode overviews in this case) they are totally ignored, resulting it a block of badly formatted text.

Carriage return, and even tabs should be respected and rendered correctly, it's a five minute job.

For example (and the reason for me bringing it up as i wanted the first line explaining the missing episodes) here's Citizen James, both .nfo and screen grab presented.

image.thumb.png.3568781396215cb3c20af3d906792fb1.png

image.thumb.png.b1231af670a9a72e0596e9ef25145b5b.png

I also notice (mostly in music) that special characters are also ignored and presented as escape codes. Can Emby not just run text from .nfo into a text handler to format correctly. A simple class would fix this, and I would for one be happy(ier).... ;)

Hi, there's already an open request for this or something functionally equivalent. Please join in and contribute to the existing discussion at: