Unable to install MB3 on Windows 8.1

JaseUK

Guys,

I installed the Windows 8.1 update yesterday and Media Browser 2.6.2 decided it didn't want to work.

I see now you have to install the beta Server or Classic however when I try to download the beta it allows me to download the setup file but when I double click that it starts to download something but that's where it stops. I don't get anything else.

Am I doing something wrong?

Logos302

you will most likely also need the Windows 8.1 GA Rollup but I haven't see it yet. or it could be you need to install .net 3.5. or both :).

As a side note you need the server to be running first on the same or other another computer, and then install MB Classic. MB classic will not run with our the server. Lastly failing all of this there are logs for the install (Just don't remember where they are, the wiki will say).

Deihmos

If you installed it from the Windows Store it already has the patches.

Edited by Deihmos

Which installation were you running? Exactly when were you doing this and have you re-tried since.

Around 2:10pm EDT we had an outage of the entire site for about 30 minutes. This might have coincided with when you were trying to install.

LuizFeitosa
Went through the same problem, I had to try to install Media Browser 3 poque to version 2.6.2 does not work in Windows 8.1.

To my utter deception, every time I restart my computer, I lose configuration Server and only installing again. I'm already looking for another similar program.