New Movies not found

Canavese

Canavese

Well, this used to work, but I must have changed something.

When I add a new movie to my NAS server, Emby doesn't find it unless I click on the SCAN button in the Library settings.

Did I somehow turn off the switch to look for new files?

• 2 weeks later...
Canavese

Interesting....New movies are added with a date of year 1903 for "date added" .....   But I can't find my log - I have a Mac ....I am going to read the "How to report a Problem" again

Canavese

Above was edited and couldn't be saved....please use this post instead.

Interesting....New movies are added with a date of year 1903 for "date added" .....  But Emby still doesn't find my newly added movies unless I click on the Settings/Library/Scan Library Files.   Is Emby adding the "date added" to the Meta data?

I have the movies on a Synology drive and Emby has no trouble playing movies or any other function except finding new movies of any file extension. embyserver-63827913607.txt

Canavese

Well, I added another movie and this time, the correct date added was there and the movie was added without me having to click the "Scan Library Files" button

6 hours ago, Canavese said:

Above was edited and couldn't be saved....please use this post instead.

Interesting....New movies are added with a date of year 1903 for "date added" .....  But Emby still doesn't find my newly added movies unless I click on the Settings/Library/Scan Library Files.   Is Emby adding the "date added" to the Meta data?

I have the movies on a Synology drive and Emby has no trouble playing movies or any other function except finding new movies of any file extension. embyserver-63827913607.txt

Hi there, can you please provide a specific example? Thanks.

Canavese

I put new movies in the Emby directory and waited overnight.   They didn't show upimage.thumb.png.63d9bd5a27c621856c808fe265c04189.png

Then I clicked the library scan button in settings and they show up.......This is any movie not just a specific type.  In this case, the movies were from PlayOn mp4's -- and the same happens for MKV ripped disks.

Screenshot2023-08-19at6_33_35AM.thumb.png.d10e67c98003869c1e08b262098d842d.png

Edited by Canavese

8 hours ago, Canavese said:

I put new movies in the Emby directory and waited overnight.   They didn't show upimage.thumb.png.63d9bd5a27c621856c808fe265c04189.png

Then I clicked the library scan button in settings and they show up.......This is any movie not just a specific type.  In this case, the movies were from PlayOn mp4's -- and the same happens for MKV ripped disks.

Have you checked your library options? Is the realtime monitor enabled?

Canavese
17 hours ago, Luke said:

Have you checked your library options? Is the realtime monitor enabled?

I changed the trigger from midnight to every 6 hours and now it works.   Note that I was waiting until the next day so it should have worked (see above example).

5 hours ago, Canavese said:

I changed the trigger from midnight to every 6 hours and now it works.   Note that I was waiting until the next day so it should have worked (see above example).

That sounds like scheduled tasks. Have you checked your library options? Is the realtime monitor enabled?

Canavese
1 hour ago, Luke said:

That sounds like scheduled tasks. Have you checked your library options? Is the realtime monitor enabled?

I can't find that.   

Canavese

Ever since I changed the scheduled tasks...it works fine. 

I still can't find an on/off for a realtime monitor

Canavese
On 8/21/2023 at 3:59 AM, Canavese said:

As an update, ever since I changed the schedule frequency Emby scans and find new videos immediately, not just on a 4 hour schedule.   I didn't change anything else.   

On 8/21/2023 at 3:59 AM, Canavese said:

Hi, it is the options for each library in Emby library setup. Do you know where those are?

Canavese
17 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, it is the options for each library in Emby library setup. Do you know where those are?

Found it.   It was already checked.   

On 8/19/2023 at 6:51 AM, Canavese said:

Hi, I can see that the filter button is highlighted blue. Maybe you have a filter activated and the movie is being filtered out of the view? Please check that.

Canavese

Yes....I had checked if they were out of view.....I also searched for them.   But that was before.....now everything is detected immediately and the only thing I did was change the schedule.   It was stuck before that.