Genres Channel Example

rbjtech

rbjtech

Hi All,

So I'm very new to c# - and using the framework from one of @Cheesegeezerplugins to create a test channel.

That's all fine and working ok - but try as I might, I cannot get it to query anything based on 'Genre'.   I can't get the API to work either when query = Genre.  All other fields I've tried seem to work ok.

How can I add for example Genre = 'Action' into the query below - is this even possible in BaseItem, as I can't even find Genre ...

Any help appreciated .. !

Thanks.

QueryResult<BaseItem> libraryResult = LibraryManager.GetItemsResult(new InternalItemsQuery(user)
            {
                Recursive = true,
                MaxParentalRating = userMaxRating,
                MediaTypes = new[] {"Video"},
                ExcludeTags = new []{"top-pick"},
                IncludeItemTypes = new[] { nameof(Movie)}, //, nameof(Episode)},
                ExcludeItemTypes = new[] { nameof(Trailer), nameof(BoxSet), nameof(Channel) },
                Years = new[] {2013},                
                DtoOptions = new DtoOptions(true),
            });

Hey.  You'll need to use "GenreIds=xxxx,xxxx" which means you will have to obtain the specific ID of the genre you want as opposed to text.

• Thanks 1

rbjtech
11 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hey.  You'll need to use "GenreIds=xxxx,xxxx" which means you will have to obtain the specific ID of the genre you want as opposed to text.

Thanks Eric - I did try that tbh but then got into some other issues converting to a long - let me have another look - thanks :)