HDR too dark with a greenish tint when playing on iPad Pro

VirtualLlama

VirtualLlama

Hi all.

Client: Emby for iOS 2.2.10 (iOS 16.6)

Server: 4.8.0.39

I've noticed HDR content is too dark and has a greenish tint when playing it back on my iPad Pro. I'm fairly sure this hasn't always been the case. I'm pretty sure I've watched HDR content on my iPad in the past using Emby and feel I would have noticed this, as I did when I decided to watch something now. I've tried a number of different files with both Dolby Vision and HDR10 and all exhibited this. The files are not transcoding, they are listed as Direct Play both on the server and the client.

I have made comparisons by playing back the files with Infuse and Plex as well on the same iPad. Plex is also listing the files as Direct Play, hence the server side shouldn't affect things. Infuse is connected to my Emby Server, no transcoding there either. Both Infuse and Plex render the HDR correctly.

I've attached screenshots from two different files to hopefully demonstrate what I'm seeing. The ones starting with "Alfa" are HDR10 while the "David" files are Dolby Vision. The "incorrect" screenshots being from Emby, the "correct" ones from Plex. 

Alfa correct.PNG

Alfa incorrect.PNG

David correct.PNG

David incorrect.PNG

embyserver.txt

Edited by VirtualLlama

I seem to having the same issue. DV HDR video downloaded to 2022 iPad Pro plays via Direct Play but the colors and brightness are off, as shown in the previous poster’s screenshots.