Synology NAS Shared Folder

Geejay71

Geejay71

Hello,

I'm new to Emby. I just installed the server on a Debian machine (Zimaboard). I'm trying to add my Synology DS920+ NAS shared folders to the Library. I'm constantly getting "The path could not be found. Please ensure the path is valid and try again". I've used the same shared folders with Kodi and Plex before without any issues. On these platforms, you just point to the network mapped drive and enter the credentials. I'm a little lost here as the first box seems to want me to browse on the Debian machine's local folder. I 've tried to put the network shared folder path on the Shared Network Folder. The path I use is usually this: \\media_serv\movies. When I use this path, Plex and Kodi allow me to browse and select any sub folders I want. 

What I am doing wrong here? I've included the logs, but I'm not sure if they will shed any lights. 

Thank you.

image.png.9a42e35b0b523c23af068970eed02473.png

embyserver.txt

Geejay71

Hi Luke,

Thank you for the prompt reply. I was browsing through some of the posts and saw FrosByte's suggestion. I did add an 'emby' user in my Synology and gave it read and write rights and added it to all the groups I have. However I do not see it under "system Internal User".  What I'm most confused about is where is this emby user coming from? I created a different name when I installed the Emby server. Should the one on my Synology NAS match the one on Emby? I never had to do that with Plex nor Kodi. 
What I'm also confused about is the Folder path when you add a Library. It's showing my Debian machine's folders and it's not where I have my shared folders. Should the right path show up when you type the right UNC path and click on the magnifying glass?

I've attached a few screenshots. As you can see by the last one, the  emby user is not there. 

Thank you

image.png.7619b8ff87e390431cea9394295824dc.png

Snag_17225649.png

Snag_172277bb.png

Snag_17228c4d.png

HI, you don't actually create the Synology system user. It's the emby server install package that does this. What version of DSM are you on?

Also I see you're trying to use a windows network path. Instead, try mounting this in Synology to a local path on the system.

Once you've done that, then import that local path into Emby Server.

Geejay71

Luke,

Sorry I wasn't clear. I'm not installing Emby on my Synology NAS. I'm installing it on a container on CasaOs on a totally differnt machine. My Synology NAS only containes my movies. Synology is running version DSM 7.2-64570 Update 1.
I think I have an idea what I need to do. I need to create a mount point within the file structure of the Linux OS where I installed Emby and point it to my Synology shared folder. After doing so, I should be able to browse to the mount folder from Emby.
Most of the instructions I've watched have the movie folders local to the Emby server so it's a breeze to find. I can''t believe I haven't found anyone with the same scenario as me. 

Geejay71

Hi Luke,

I was able to find my shared folders on my Synology. I decided to give Jellyfin a try and Installed as a container on Proxmox. I then mounted the shared folders on the host and passed them through to Jellyfin. I'm sure it would be the same had I gone with Emby. Thanks for checking.