Favourites

Zurennarrh

Zurennarrh

I’ve just bought an Apple TV 4K for better performance than my LG TVs app but for some reason I can’t figure out how to view all my favourites… I can only see the limited horizontal line in each section (shows, movies, collections etc) 

on the LG TV app you can highlight the “Favourite Shows” header and it takes you to the full list, why isn’t this the same? Incredibly frustrating after buying the Apple TV 4K or am I missing something simple and doing something wrong?

Zurennarrh

I found a workaround for now, go to each section in My Media (Movies, Movies 4K, TV etc..) and set the filter to favourites 

it’s not perfect but does the job hopefully this helps anyone else having the same issue 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
djbinrockin

@ZurennarrhThe approach you suggested works great! The only issue is my Emby app doesn't show Favorites as a filter option while within the Movies tab. It is an option for the other tabs (TV Shows, 4k Movies, etc.). Perhaps this was just an omission in the top menu for the Movies page?

HI, yes we are looking at making the filter options consistent with our other apps. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
djbinrockin

It looks like a recent update (1.7.9) of the Apple TV app (I believe which fixed subtitle sizing) also removed the Favorites filter from some screens. Now, there is literally no way for me to see my entire list (100+) of movie favorites. Prior to the update, I could at least use the favorite filter for some movie types, such as 4k movies. Even after the update, the favorites filter is still present for some content types, such as TV shows. Therefore, a large menu overhaul for consistency with other apps isn't necessarily needed, simply displaying the Favorites filter for all content types would be sufficient.

For the time being, any other recommendations for a workaround to "view all favorites" on Apple TV would be greatly appreciated.

20 minutes ago, djbinrockin said:

It looks like a recent update (1.7.9) of the Apple TV app (I believe which fixed subtitle sizing) also removed the Favorites filter from some screens. Now, there is literally no way for me to see my entire list (100+) of movie favorites. Prior to the update, I could at least use the favorite filter for some movie types, such as 4k movies. Even after the update, the favorites filter is still present for some content types, such as TV shows. Therefore, a large menu overhaul for consistency with other apps isn't necessarily needed, simply displaying the Favorites filter for all content types would be sufficient.

For the time being, any other recommendations for a workaround to "view all favorites" on Apple TV would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, can you give a specific example of a screen or two? we'll get this corrected. Thanks.

On 9/5/2023 at 10:44 AM, djbinrockin said:

Thanks for the quick reply! I'm at the office, but will take some screenshots and post them later tonight.

That would be great, thanks !