Switching from Admin to user account issues, please help?

halo00

halo00

I have recently come back to Emby and went from a single admin account I used to testing and recently converted that into user accounts ("Allow this user to manage the server" unchecked). The transition has caused several issues and I am wondering if anyone can help? This is kind of a cross platform issue as it involves the server but also Android TV clients and Android phone clients.

1) Playlists access/permission is enabled but is nowhere to be found on Android TV (2 Shield TVs and 3 GCWATV). We can't add things to the existing playlists and there is no "Playlists" category anywhere in the UI, we simply cannot access our existing playlists. We can add items to a new playlist but can't access the newly created playlist anywhere. There is no problem accessing and creating playlists on the admin account on all of these Android TV devices. For the admin account, there is a separate playlist category.

How can I get playlists to operate the same as it does on the admin account? @ebr

2) Moving to user accounts from the single admin test environment included adding passwords but local network sign in modes do not work:

2A) Set to "Don't require a password on local network". This doesn't work across all devices TV and mobile. It always asks for a password. Clients are on the same /24 (x.x.x.255) subnet as the server.

2B) Set to "Allow numeric pin code" also does not work on Android TV devices. The clients prompt correctly but even a pin of 1111 always returns the invalid password toast.

The *only* thing working is the standard username password entry. This is painful on Android TV.  How can I get any of these easier entry options working?

3) The "Refresh metadata" button is gone on Android TV and Android mobile, how do I get it back? Its still there in the admin account on all clients.

This button:

refreshmeta01.jpg.f4cd782aa2584e78bf5da4bb566ea493.jpg

4) This one is unrelated to the move from admin to user accounts but since we are using Emby again, we've installed the Android TV apps. We both have Google Pixel 7s (Android 13) and the clients refuse to acknowledge our Premiere status so we cannot download or convert media to our phones, even via the admin account ("Allow this user to manage the server" checked). To be fully clear it is fully activated on the server:

Premiere.jpg.e1b50ef3aed7ea78d17247d37546aa82.jpg

Yet our clients get this:

Android01.thumb.jpg.b389d5be0736925ce210405a6b44cd93.jpg

All permissions are enabled except microphone, and I did test allowing microphone as well, just in case:

Android02.thumb.jpg.66ee69777eaab5eeb2b71b7fade3fe4d.jpg

How can I get Emby on Mobile to acknowledge what I paid for? There is no problem with this on Android TVs, only Android phones.

Thank you!

3) The "Refresh metadata" button is gone on Android TV and Android mobile, how do I get it back? Its still there in the admin account on all clients.

hi, only admins can manage metadata, so that is the reason why it is gone for non-admins.

• Thanks 1

How can I get Emby on Mobile to acknowledge what I paid for? There is no problem with this on Android TVs, only Android phones.

Does the phone have an internet connection? what device and version of android is it?

On 8/6/2023 at 3:08 AM, halo00 said:

There is no problem accessing and creating playlists on the admin account on all of these Android TV devices

Hi.  What version of the server are you using?

halo00
On 8/7/2023 at 2:01 PM, Luke said:

Does the phone have an internet connection? what device and version of android is it?

Yes it definitely has internet connection, I did state in my OP but we both have Google Pixel 7s. Mine is a Pro and hers is the regular 7.Both are on Android 13.

Edited by halo00

On 8/9/2023 at 11:15 PM, ebr said:

What version of the Android TV app are you using?

This one:

but also the Play store version on the Chromecasts with Google TV. Thanks!

Hi.  We're going to be implementing some changes to those login methods with the next release of the server/apps.  In the meantime, we could try to have @Carlohook up with you to see what's going on.