TV channels not playing

sakle2k

sakle2k

My wife had the TV on and it was working fine. She shut it down and turned it back on a couple of hours later but now no TV channels will play. Once a channel is selected, the "progress circle" spins while still displaying the channel guide. This goes on for maybe 40 seconds then switches to a black screen, still with the circle spinning.  After another 30 seconds or so the error message "Playback Error - No compatible streams are currently available." is displayed. 

I've tried refreshing the guide data (this has worked in the past) and I've rebooted the computer. I've tried Emby with the Windows app, the Android app on my phone as well as the browser on my computer with the same results. Only the Live TV playback is affected (movies, recorded shows & music all play fine).

I am running Windows 11 with an HD Homerun Prime for my cablecard. I've included my server and transcode log files.

Thanks!

Les

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-transcode-fa242f50-73d6-4ba3-a776-1313b4886186_1.txt

Hi, that's strange. Can you try rebooting your HDHR tuner device and see if that helps?

sakle2k

I just tried the TV again. I didn't do anything to try to fix it and yet it's working perfectly (at least for now).  I've attached the latest logs, if someone can take a look, I'd appreciate it. I'd like to know what caused today's TV "outage" so that if it happens again, I'd hopefully know what to do. Right now, I'm in the dark. 

Thanks,

Les

embyserver (2).txt ffmpeg-transcode-8d10d7cf-e29a-4250-b1f5-eda637614738_1.txt

• Thanks 1

Hi, it might require looking through hd Homerun log files. From the server’s standpoint it just wasn’t getting any data from the tuner, but it can’t tell us why.

sakle2k

I was wondering earlier if it might be a problem with the cable card and I'd forgotten that the HR had log files. I'll look into that, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
sakle2k
6 hours ago, Luke said:

Let us know what you find. Thanks.

Unfortunately, I didn't find anything. It's continued to work fine and there was nothing in the Home Run logs to point to a cause. Thanks for the follow-up.

• Thanks 1