TV Shows library is empty

warrencalvert

warrencalvert

Hi

I'm running Emby Server on Windows, v4.17.13 and have had an issue with the TV shows library for many months now but not got round to troubleshooting it.  It used to work fine but one day stopped working.

In Live TV settings, movies are recorded to D:\DVR\Movies and TV Shows are recorded to D:\DVR\TV Shows

The libraries for both Movies and TV Shows are correct and have the correct folder paths configured.

In Emby viewer the movies library shows all the movies but the TV Shows is empty.  This is for all Emby viewers (web, Emby Theatre and from all devices)

New TV shows are being recorded correctly and saved to the correct location.

The 'Recordings' library (which has a single folder D:\DVR) does show all new recordings but they do not appear in 'TV Shows'.  Again, I have checked that TV shows are being recorded to the D:\DVR\TV Shows folder so the path is definitely correct.

I've tried removing the folders from the TV Shows library and adding them back.  I've tried creating a new library and adding D:\DVR\TV Shows
The library is always empty.

What can I do to troubleshoot?

Thanks,
Warren.

Hi.  Have you confirmed the user in question has access to that library?  Also, have you confirmed you haven't selected any filters?

warrencalvert

Yes, I only have one user that I use across all devices.  This has 'enable access to all libraries' ticked.

There are no filters configured either.

Any other ideas?
Thanks

warrencalvert

Ah yes, the log does show something.

Does this mean anything to you?

2023-07-31 19:28:03.456 Info MediaProbeManager: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Execute: C:\Users\winmedia\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\ffprobe.exe -i file:"D:\dvr\TV Shows\Abandoned Engineering (2017)\Season 3\Abandoned Engineering S03E05 Germany's D-Day Fortress - 2.ts" -threads 0 -v info -print_format json -show_streams -show_chapters -show_format -show_data
2023-07-31 19:28:03.690 Info MediaProbeManager: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Process exited with code 0 - Succeeded
2023-07-31 19:28:03.695 Error App: Error in Custom Provider
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 4.7.13.0
    Command line: C:\Users\winmedia\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
    Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.17763
    Framework: .NET 6.0.16
    OS/Process: x64/x64
    Runtime: C:/Users/winmedia/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
    Processor count: 8
    Data path: C:\Users\winmedia\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
    Application path: C:\Users\winmedia\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
    System.NullReferenceException: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at Emby.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.ExecuteRemoteProviders(MetadataResult`1 temp, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, String logName, TIdType id, IEnumerable`1 providers, MetadataRefreshOptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    Source: Emby.Providers
    TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

2 hours ago, warrencalvert said:

Ah yes, the log does show something.

Does this mean anything to you?

2023-07-31 19:28:03.456 Info MediaProbeManager: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Execute: C:\Users\winmedia\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\ffprobe.exe -i file:"D:\dvr\TV Shows\Abandoned Engineering (2017)\Season 3\Abandoned Engineering S03E05 Germany's D-Day Fortress - 2.ts" -threads 0 -v info -print_format json -show_streams -show_chapters -show_format -show_data
2023-07-31 19:28:03.690 Info MediaProbeManager: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Process exited with code 0 - Succeeded
2023-07-31 19:28:03.695 Error App: Error in Custom Provider
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 4.7.13.0
    Command line: C:\Users\winmedia\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
    Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.17763
    Framework: .NET 6.0.16
    OS/Process: x64/x64
    Runtime: C:/Users/winmedia/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
    Processor count: 8
    Data path: C:\Users\winmedia\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
    Application path: C:\Users\winmedia\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
    System.NullReferenceException: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at Emby.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.ExecuteRemoteProviders(MetadataResult`1 temp, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, String logName, TIdType id, IEnumerable`1 providers, MetadataRefreshOptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    Source: Emby.Providers
    TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

Looks like you have some kind of custom metadata provider installed, Try removing that and then restarting the server.

warrencalvert

Hi Luke

I think I've removed the offending plugin and restarted Emby server.

That error is gone now but the TV Shows library is still empty.  I see some different errors in the log now, I've attached it.  Please could you advise if you see what's causing the issue now?

Thanks

embyserver (1).txt

warrencalvert

Hi Luke

I'll cut a long story short but managed to find the issue.  I had the series recording path as a subfolder of the default recording path.

When I changed this to a different folder it started populating.
After some troubleshooting I did find the line below which led me to the issue.  Hope this helps someone else sometime.

2023-08-01 22:30:00.655 Info App: Found duplicate path: D:\DVR\TV Shows

Thanks,
Warren.