Audio missing

stuba81

stuba81

Hi,

does anybody have an idea why some of my videos does not get audio on Apple TV. Audio track is AAC 6 ch and it plays without problems on Mac OS X client and Android client. Just Apple TV, what I would like to use stays silent.

I have converted multiple DVDs to emby using same process and same ffmpeg script.

Apple TV Emby version is 1.7.4 (2).

stuba81

yep

Just tested with two movies having same audio coding. On Apple TV one has no audio and another works fine. On my phones Android app both works.

• 3 weeks later...
stuba81

Hi,

I have updated again and now it does seem to work. After all issue seemed to be that for some reason for this some films it did want to start scaling down video quality. This data is coming from home server and for Emby I do not have dedicated GPU. GPU is for my data storage I use to prepare my old Blueray / DVD collections for Emby. I did try to quess good settings for ffmpeg, so I should be able to use direct-play from Emby. I first noticed that video is a bit lagging and had a look admin panel and it said Emby was scalong down video content.

I do convert videos to 576p H264 and Apple TV max quality you can select is 480p - 4Mbps. Automatic seems to be using direct play.

So like I thought, it was not a bug, but something I just did not understand correctly. Thanks for you replies and sorry it took so long to reply. It has not been really urgent. Unfortuantely there has not been that much time for movies..

• Thanks 1