"Select original user and user to import data into" - restore help?

halo00
Go to solution Solved by GrimReaper,

halo00

I am following up on my previous post:

I am trying to import data from an admin account (becky) into a new user account (clair) using the backup tool. I cannot get it to work.

My first question is about the phrase "User Playstate, Favorites, Resume, etc. - Select original user and user to import data into". This maybe because English is not my native language, but which side is which? For the record I tried both and it didn't work, but the choices are username on the left with a check mark, and a drop down on the right like so:

Emby01.jpg.70a5787490c0481766cf28c5248396de.jpg

So if I want new user account "Clair" to be overwritten with data from another user account "Becky", which side is which? Do I checkmark Clair and the choose Becky in the drop down or vice versa?

Also, under the header Users:

Emby02.jpg.681cbd7acce7ded48f1f3aa7014f9558.jpg

Do I have to checkmark both Clair and Becky, just Clair or none of them?

Do I need to check anything else? Again, all I want to do is just restore watched data from admin account becky to user account clair.

Thanks!

Edited by halo00
Retry adding screen clips

• Solution
GrimReaper
3 hours ago, halo00 said:

I am trying to import data from an admin account (becky) into a new user account (clair) using the backup tool

Emby01.jpg.70a5787490c0481766cf28c5248396de.jpg

So if I want new user account "Clair" to be overwritten with data from another user account "Becky", which side is which? Do I checkmark Clair and the choose Becky in the drop down  or vice versa?

Vice-versa: checkmark Becky and select Clair from dropdown.

Emby02.jpg.681cbd7acce7ded48f1f3aa7014f9558.jpg

Do I have to checkmark both Clair and Becky, just Clair or none of them?

None of them.

Do I need to check anything else?

Nope.

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

I keep seeing reference to the Configuration Backup Tool and found the instructions on how to use the plugin. Where do I actually find the plugin itself. I implemented the use of a NAS and mistakenly setup a totally different user account that is not premiere. But then I have the user account I set up that is premiere. The non-premiere account is the one my NAS, all my files and user profiles are set up on. So I'd like to be able to have my premiere account take precedence but maintain all of the data stored from the non-premiere account. Am I heading in the right direction with the Configuration Backup Tool? Thank you.

GrimReaper
2 hours ago, davelee said:

Where do I actually find the plugin itself.

In the plugin Catalogue, it's called Backup & Restore plugin and it requires valid Premiere subscription. 

2 hours ago, davelee said:

I implemented the use of a NAS and mistakenly setup a totally different user account that is not premiere. But then I have the user account I set up that is premiere. The non-premiere account is the one my NAS, all my files and user profiles are set up on. So I'd like to be able to have my premiere account take precedence but maintain all of the data stored from the non-premiere account.

There are no Premiere users - Premiere license is tied to your server. To restore user data from one user to another - yes, you can use Backup & Restore plugin.