Series is not recognized and cannot be found in emby

tomadick

tomadick

Hello, I have a series with 9 episodes in the library folder that was not recognized by the media scanner (it is a rather unknown series called "The Last of Us"). Unfortunately, the folder is not displayed in emby. How can I still access it or how can I teach emby which series is in the folder?

tomadick

I have a total of 29 series in the folder, which are also shown to me when I recreate the library. After the scan, 23 series remain - the other 6 have disappeared without a trace....

tomadick

Among other things, there is also a series that I had already deleted once (after season 6) - now there is season 7 and the folder of the series is no longer shown to me. Can it be that emby thinks that the series is still deleted and therefore it is not shown to me?

tomadick

I copied the missing 6 series in a new folder and added an additional library. The series are visible until the media scan is over.

GrimReaper

How are your files named and organized? They're likely being recognized as other shows and shows merged/episodes multi-versioned. 

Locutus64
2 hours ago, tomadick said:

Hello, I have a series with 9 episodes in the library folder that was not recognized by the media scanner (it is a rather unknown series called "The Last of Us"). Unfortunately, the folder is not displayed in emby. How can I still access it or how can I teach emby which series is in the folder?

Actually The Last Of Us is very well known. I have it and Emby has no issue picking it up correctly. My files are as below:

Drive: My Files II

Folder Television 

Subfolders TV Series, TV Specials, Last Night's

Example: Television/TV Series/The Last Of Us (2023)/The Last Of Us Season 1

The Last of Us (2023) S01E01 When You`re Lost in the Darkness.mkv
The Last of Us (2023) S01E02 Infected.mkv
The Last of Us (2023) S01E03 Long, Long Time.mkv
The Last of Us (2023) S01E04 Please Hold on to My Hand.mkv
The Last of Us (2023) S01E05 Endure and Survive.mkv
The Last of Us (2023) S01E06 Kin.mkv
The Last of Us (2023) S01E07 Left Behind.mkv
The Last of Us (2023) S01E08 When We Are in Need.avi
The Last of Us (2023) S01E09 Look for the Light.mkv

tomadick

All 29 series (i.e. those that are recognized and those that are not recognized and have simply disappeared) are stored in a directory as follows.

There is a folder for each series with the name of the series (example: The Last of Us), which then contains the files that are named as follows:

The.Last.Of.Us.S01E01.German.DL.2160p.UHD.BluRay.x265.mkv,

where depending on the episode a different number is behind the "E".

The above example does not work, while the series 24 with the filenames 24.S01E*.00.00.to.01.00.Uhr.German.DL.AC3D.1080p.BluRay.x264.mkv is displayed without problems.

As already written - The Last of Us I had already deleted once, can it be that this is stored somewhere?

Edited by tomadick

tomadick

What else I just noticed: I copied two of the missing series into their own folder and put them into their own library. In the server management in the item Libraries, both cover images of these series are displayed - that speaks at least for the fact that they are recognized by emby. However, they do not appear in the frontend.

GrimReaper

Try renaming your The Last Of Us folder as:

The Last of Us (2023) [tvdbid=392256] 

and rescan library, see what gives.

tomadick
At the beginning you can see the folder "The Last of Us (2023) [tvdbid=392256]" in the overview (see photo). After they are recognized (when the cover image is visible in the server management in the library settings) the folder "The last of Us" is no longer visible.

Screenshot 2023-07-29 221636.jpg

Edited by tomadick

GrimReaper
32 minutes ago, tomadick said:

I copied two of the missing series into their own folder and put them into their own library

That won't do anything as you created a library with folders that are subset of another library - they won't show unless you moved them, not copied. Anyway, that won't solve the issue you're currently facing, which is having those shows shown in main TV library, hence:

1) Delete second library

2) Take out those 6 show folders from your TV root

3) Run Scan media library scheduled task

4) Rename TLoU series folder as The Last of Us (2023) [tvdbid=392256]

5) Put it back in your TV shows root folder, leaving the other 5 series folder out for now

6) Scan media library

Does it show in your main library now?

Additionally, do you save NFOs with your media? 

tomadick

1) done

2) I removed ALL series,

3) started a library recan, TV is blank in the frontend, and waited until the progress indicator (red bar) disappeared

4) renamed into "The Last of Us (2023) [tvdbid=392256]"

5) moved back into the TV root

6) started media scan, waited until the progress indicator (red bar) disappeared... but without success

Further steps:

* pushed one of the "working series" into the TV root, started scan and the series immediately shows up in the frontend

* removed series bibliotthek and waited until the progress bar (red bar) disappeared.

* emby restarted, with "vacuum the database on next emby server startup" enabled.

* renamed series folder to "TV series

* 2 "recognized" series plus TLUS (renamed The Last of Us (2023) [tvdbid=392256]) and another unrecognized series moved in

* started scan, all 4 folders show up in frontend (see photo)

* after the scan is finished, only the 2 series are still present in the frontned (see foto), which I had not solved before via the frotend - the other two do not show up again

So all measures without success.

All 4 series were apparently recognized, because their covers appear in the library administration.

NFOs are not saved in any media...

Log File is attached.

Screenshot 2023-07-30 104640.jpg

Screenshot 2023-07-30 123239.jpg

Screenshot 2023-07-30 123353.jpg

Screenshot 2023-07-30 123617.jpg

embyserver.7z

GrimReaper

Do you have any Filters enabled on your library? Do you have any other tv show libraries created? 

GrimReaper

In your TV show library settings, if you untick "Automatically merge series that are spread across multiple folders" and rescan media library, does it make a difference? Also, can you share a screenshot of Settings>Library tab and your TV show root folder naming/organization in your OS?

tomadick

The "merge" option was never selected.

The folder structure and file naming system is exactly the same for each of the 26 series. Only the 6 series that I previously deleted via Emby (and not in the OS...) are not displayed to me. So I think it makes no sense to take a screenshot of the folder structure because - as written - they are systematically 100% the same.

Example:

will be recognized: /Ein Jahr zweite Liga - Die Werder Doku/Ein.Jahr.zweite.Liga.Die.Werder.Doku.E01.Der.Neuanfang.GERMAN.DOKU.720p.WEB.H264.mkv

Was already recognized, nothing changed in the naming and is no longer recognized after deleting: /Yellowstone US/Yellowstone.US.S01E01.German.DL.DUBBED.2160p.WebUHD.h265.REPACK.mkv

The series were already displayed correctly for me until I deleted them. However, they were not deleted in the OS.

I opened a new library with "mixed content". The 6 folders with the unrecognized series are in there. As long as they are not identified by emby, the folders are visible - they only disappear after identification. One of the series (Yellowstone) is incorrectly recognized by emby as a documentary about Yellowstone Park - all episodes are displayed to me (of course with the wrong description) and I can play all episodes. As soon as I have the series identified as "Yellowstone", it disappears.

Screenshot 2023-07-30 143756.jpg

Screenshot 2023-07-30 143818.jpg

Screenshot 2023-07-30 143839.jpg

Screenshot 2023-07-30 143901.jpg

Screenshot 2023-07-30 143927.jpg

Screenshot 2023-07-30 143945.jpg

Screenshot 2023-07-30 144002.jpg

Screenshot 2023-07-30 144924.jpg

Edited by tomadick

tomadick

Small addendum: Infuse Pro (player on AppleTV) recognizes all my series perfectly - even the deleted in emby ;)

On 7/30/2023 at 6:39 AM, tomadick said:

1) done

2) I removed ALL series,

3) started a library recan, TV is blank in the frontend, and waited until the progress indicator (red bar) disappeared

4) renamed into "The Last of Us (2023) [tvdbid=392256]"

5) moved back into the TV root

6) started media scan, waited until the progress indicator (red bar) disappeared... but without success

Further steps:

* pushed one of the "working series" into the TV root, started scan and the series immediately shows up in the frontend

* removed series bibliotthek and waited until the progress bar (red bar) disappeared.

* emby restarted, with "vacuum the database on next emby server startup" enabled.

* renamed series folder to "TV series

* 2 "recognized" series plus TLUS (renamed The Last of Us (2023) [tvdbid=392256]) and another unrecognized series moved in

* started scan, all 4 folders show up in frontend (see photo)

* after the scan is finished, only the 2 series are still present in the frontned (see foto), which I had not solved before via the frotend - the other two do not show up again

So all measures without success.

All 4 series were apparently recognized, because their covers appear in the library administration.

NFOs are not saved in any media...

Log File is attached.

Screenshot 2023-07-30 104640.jpg

Screenshot 2023-07-30 123239.jpg

Screenshot 2023-07-30 123353.jpg

Screenshot 2023-07-30 123617.jpg

embyserver.7z 21.47 kB · 1 download

Is this the only library on the server? How many libraries have you setup on the server, and what folder paths are added to each one?

tomadick

There are 8 libraries. Originally there were 7, the 8th only gets the series previously deleted in emby. See screenshots...

Screenshot_20230803_103941_Emby.jpg

Screenshot_20230803_103936_Emby.jpg

Screenshot_20230803_103929_Emby.jpg

Screenshot_20230803_103923_Emby.jpg

Screenshot_20230803_103914_Emby.jpg

Screenshot_20230803_103908_Emby.jpg

Screenshot_20230803_103903_Emby.jpg

Screenshot_20230803_103857_Emby.jpg

Edited by tomadick

Have you checked the parental controls for the user that is logged in? Perhaps the content is restricted. I would check that and also tag restrictions.

tomadick

With the account there are no age restrictions (see screenshot). There are four users created in emby, all of them are missing these 6 series already deleted once in emby.

I started an experiment and re-added the series "The Outlaws 2021" to the path with the "missing" series. To do this, I checked emby's permissions, and emby has all read & write permissions on Synology for the folder (screenshot). After that I manually started a library scan and the series shows up with all 6 episodes in the folder where 6 other series are missing. Then I deleted the series via emby and it has been deleted in emby than on the NAS. Then I created the folder again and copied the 6 episodes in there and started a library scan again - the folder shows up in emby again.  I marked all episodes as watched and deleted the series in emby - added it again and the series is back. I then repeated the whole thing with "The Last of Us" - named the folder "The Last of Us 2023" but did not move the episodes but copied them. The series then appears in emby with all copied episodes (screenshots). After that I identified the series (which was not recognized automatically) as "The Last of Us" in emby and bang: The series disappeared again in emby.

Screenshot 2023-08-04 121018.jpg

Screenshot 2023-08-04 114109.jpg

Screenshot 2023-08-04 113506.jpg

Screenshot 2023-08-04 111349.jpg

Screenshot 2023-08-04 110639.jpg

Screenshot 2023-08-04 105916.jpg

tomadick

Hello again. I deleted all libraries as another try and then added the library "Series" again. Unfortunately, also here the same picture: As long as the six corresponding series have not been identified, they are visible in emby - as soon as they have been identified, they disappear...