Emby Mobile for Fire Tablet

ctyokley

ctyokley

So first of i know I can sideload and I did! : ) But, when trying to share it with my kids profile, it doesnt work. Next i'm sorry if this is the wrong forum/Thread. If it is, please direct me to the correct one!

Now... to the fruit!!! in the amazon app store, emby mobile is available. This is available to share with my kid's profile, but what i noticed is that I was unable to download offline content. Is this by design? It allows me to open the media i want, select the 3 dots, and select download to... but the device i'm on does not work. This is because it looks like Emby Mobile loads the web version. Is there a way to download media for offline content? Or will I have to uninstall emby mobile and pull the version down from google play and just hand the tablet to my kid and let them go to town with my profile? 

sargenthp

Amazon Tablets absolutely sucks for "kid" profiles.  I have bitched at them multiple times.  My teenage daughter is still treated like a 4 year old on these tables, and she ends up using my profile when having school work.  I have not tried using Emby on her tablet, and see what I can see if you would like. 

ctyokley

I do beleive there is a way to disable the kids profile, but dont quote me on this. But, would agree... they are not the best tablets for older kids. For now, I've installed emby for android on the tablet and i'm able to download it. Just wish we could do so on the Emby Mobile version. 

As far as her device, I ended up going the Fire Max 11 and honstly havne't had any issues with her profile.. but she is 4 :D lol... We just swing in the content and look at it and if we like we keep it. If not, we remove it. Just wish there was a way to download on it. 

10 hours ago, ctyokley said:

in the amazon app store, emby mobile is available.

Hi. Can you show us that?

ctyokley
52 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi. Can you show us that?

Let's see if this works.. I'm on my android and looking in the web site right now. I can try and get an image from the tablet, but this is what is displayed on the tablet. (Only emby mobile)

Screenshot_20230729_093100_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230729_093110_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230729_093130_Chrome.jpg

Edited by ctyokley

ctyokley
2 hours ago, Luke said:

What version is available to you?

Within the amazon app store, it is version 3.2.28. Again, this is a "kids" profile on emby, but I also checked it with my admin account and the same exist with it on the fire tablet. There is no "downloads area" like there is for the version in the play store. If i download the emby from the play store it works flawlessly and as expected. 

App Version

image.thumb.png.4a90067a2bcaab985e5dd2db41f161d0.png

Hamburger Menu (no downlaods section):

image.thumb.png.0c999287a6eb52c429daaa10a8a28cce.png

Media with no download button:

image.thumb.png.b60d1f349110b4faa099d833d6e95153.png

Media with the ... selected and showing download to...

image.thumb.png.845e7b4c50186203a1dd7a7da82de289.png

Now, when selecting the downlaod to, this doesnt do what ya think : ) It actually gives me a list of devices i can select from and downlaod too (give they are online). I did select it and the first thing i see is Fire Tablet, but... this is the one that was downloaded from the play store. The one from the Amazon store will not be recognized as a device in the list. I have tryed selecting the below, but it never downlaods to the fire tablet runing Emby Mobile from the Amazon store. 

image.thumb.png.7363c01c7f1b61beda4f0d163474b124.png

Now if i download from the google play store, I get version 3.3.07 but i cant not apply this to my kids profile. 

image.thumb.png.ac5cb8762857f36158699890c65da604.png

And in the below photo you can see i have downloaded it as well as have the download option:

image.thumb.png.cc75b34f0fff744e80c93f6aa8002397.png

ctyokley
4 hours ago, ebr said:

Well, how about that :) 

Ha ha yep.. was looking at other post and saw it was never approved.. maybe whoever looked at y'alls application was in a reverse communication day? who knows...

But still, doesnt really help me on the downloaded content situation. Streaming works great! :) So back to the initial question.. is the emby mobile client designed where you can't download media intentionally? 

Asking, because we are planning a trip and leave in 2 days.. and for the work around, i'm just going to sign into my profile for her... But would love to have it for future trips. 

TIA!

On 7/30/2023 at 10:54 PM, ctyokley said:

Ha ha yep.. was looking at other post and saw it was never approved.. maybe whoever looked at y'alls application was in a reverse communication day? who knows...

But still, doesnt really help me on the downloaded content situation. Streaming works great! :) So back to the initial question.. is the emby mobile client designed where you can't download media intentionally? 

Asking, because we are planning a trip and leave in 2 days.. and for the work around, i'm just going to sign into my profile for her... But would love to have it for future trips. 

TIA!

Unfortunately the removal of the download feature is what might have finally gotten it through. That is one of the things we tried based on what we read from experiences from other developers. Of course now that it's back in the store, we'll work on getting it both updated to the latest version and see if we can get all features restored.

• 2 weeks later...
ctyokley
On 8/1/2023 at 8:09 PM, Luke said:

Unfortunately the removal of the download feature is what might have finally gotten it through. That is one of the things we tried based on what we read from experiences from other developers. Of course now that it's back in the store, we'll work on getting it both updated to the latest version and see if we can get all features restored.

Cool Thanks! Please let me know when y'all upload it again and i'll test it out! 

• Thanks 1