I lost all the data to my Emby server! How do I get it back?

nicholas_davies

nicholas_davies

I had my Emby server running on a MacBook Pro and when I had initially set it up I changed the default port from 8096 to a different port number with hopes of slightly better security. I set that up about a year and a half ago, and it has been working fine since then. Yesterday, I accidentally ran a program incorrectly (Bazarr) that crashed my computer. I started up my computer and everything was working fine, so I thought nothing of it. The only odd thing was I could access Emby from two different ports, which I couldn't before (not that I can think of). I could access it from port 8096 and the other port number that I had assigned the server to. When I pressed "Configure Emby" it would take me to the default port of 8096, which it never did before. Because Emby on the other port number was still up and running, I did nothing. However, I woke up this morning and Emby on the nondefault port number was down. I logged onto my MacBook and I could only access Emby on port 8096 and not the other port number. I pressed "Configure Emby" and was met with the beginning setup of Emby which asked me to select a language, set up a user, etc. 

What should I do to get my original Emby back that was on the port number that I had assigned to it? I had a lot of settings that I had changed that I don't want to have to change again. 

I am not a premium Emby user, so I don't have the option to back up my Emby server. However, I did save the "emby-server" folder from my prior Emby setup.

Please let me know if you want log files.

Thanks!

Hi, what are the contents of your emby-server folder? How old is that backup?