Backup & Restore: More backups kept than desired

tomadick

tomadick

Number of automatic backups to keep is set to 5, but there are 88 backups in the folder. How can I trigger the deletion of the unwanted 83 folders?

Screenshot 2023-07-28 134610.jpg

GrimReaper

Delete unwanted backup folders at OS level.

Edit: You may provide tomorrow's server log with Debug enabled, maybe something can be caught there.

Edited by GrimReaper
Append

tomadick

Yes, this is an interim solution to clean up the data garbage. But a working plugin would be desirable ;)

GrimReaper
Just now, tomadick said:

But a working plugin would be desirable

it generally is working for majority of users, so it is something your installation-specific.

TMCsw
11 hours ago, tomadick said:

Yes, this is an interim solution to clean up the data garbage. But a working plugin would be desirable ;)

I had a similar problem a while ago, the log file reviled "permission denied" on the older log files when trying to delete them.

Turned out I'd made some changes and emby did not have the proper permissions to delete the files created before the change I made (I should have know better 🙃 ) .

tomadick

Thanks for the tip. But I think that is due to poor programming. Because a delete with the "trash can" is possible without problems - there the permissions work :)

6 hours ago, tomadick said:

Thanks for the tip. But I think that is due to poor programming. Because a delete with the "trash can" is possible without problems - there the permissions work :)

Hi, how is this poor programming if the server is being denied permissions to delete the folder?