How do I install skins package.json?

storoyr
Go to solution Solved by storoyr,

2 hours ago, storoyr said:

The UI in Theater is WAY too BIG for my 4 k Screen...

Hi, what do you mean by too big?

storoyr
52 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, what do you mean by too big?

I'm having a 4k 75 inch screen and am sitting 2 meters from it. So the desktop view in Emby theatre  is displayed way too BIG. 🙂

storoyr

The reason I'm using  Emby Theatre desktop is to get DIRECT stream of DSD (DSF) audio files without Transcoding it down.

Well it's meant to be big. It's a TV layout. If your primary input method is a mouse you could try setting the display mode in the app to desktop.

Mahinepua

Hi Luke, storoyr is correct the TV layout and poster sizes are way too big on a TV, one of the reasons I`m using Kodi in lieu of.

Is there no way to scale to desktop mode but keep TV remote functionality or have the ability to change size to suit like the old WMC?

8 minutes ago, Mahinepua said:

Hi Luke, storoyr is correct the TV layout and poster sizes are way too big on a TV, one of the reasons I`m using Kodi in lieu of.

Is there no way to scale to desktop mode but keep TV remote functionality or have the ability to change size to suit like the old WMC?

I guess "correct' depends on what you're comparing to. Have you compared to something like Roku or Apple TV? It wouldn't be considered big by those standards.

In any event, have you explored the display options in the app?

Mahinepua

Hi Luke, yes I went balls deep into all the settings.

The Emby for Kodi skin is far superior and even works with the Omega alpha, syncs super fast with Emby server using embycon plus Kodi`s player is great with plenty of tonemapping options.

Have been on the edge of my seat hoping the new theatre app in development is much improved then would buy a premiere license.

Theatre TV mode still seems oversized when compared to other platforms.