Cannot Connect To Emby Server After Router Change

AndyInSpain
Go to solution Solved by AndyInSpain,

AndyInSpain

Hi all,

I wonder if anybody can help me. I had Emby running perfectly, with Emby Server  (latest version) running on a Windows 11 PC and with Android TV and Android phone clients. No problems at all.

But...I recently had my fibre router replaced due to connection stability problems. Now, I cannot connect to Emby Server, no matter what I try. Emby Server is not visible on any Android device. If I enter the IP address of the server manually, the server is not found. If I use Emby Connect, the server is not found. So I suspect that the new router has something which needs to be changed. Does anybody have any ideas what that might be? My previous router worked with Emby straight out of the box. Also, there have been no changes to the config of Emby Server. The only thing which has changed is the router.

The new router is made by Comcast, if that's any help. 

Any help would be gratefully appreciated!

Many thanks

Andy.

Edited by AndyInSpain

• Solution
AndyInSpain

I SOLVED IT!

Just in case anybody has the same problem after replacing a router:

After the router replacement, for some reason in Windows 11 the network type over Ethernet had flipped from "Private" to "Public". This meant that the server was not discoverable on the network. Changing the network type back to "Private" solved the issue immediately!

This is something worth checking if you change your router and have problems connecting like I did.

Thanks anyway guys.

Edited by AndyInSpain
  • Like 1

Hi.  Glad you found that.  Yes, that is a very common occurrence as Windows is being overprotective with new networks.

AndyInSpain

Thanks ebr. I'm not sure what made me think of it: just the fact that the server wasn't visible over the network I guess. So the network settings on the PC with the server on seemed the place to start looking. 

All the best!

Andy 

• Thanks 1