TVMosaic/DVBLink plugin still working?

jayuk

Hi all,

I have recently tried to install the DVBLink plugin to get Emby working with TVMosaic. It say's it installed DVBLink, but I can't see the plugin from within Emby.

Is this plugin still supported? (I'm running 4.7.13.0)

Thanks,

J.

• 2 weeks later...

Apologises, I never saw your reply.

Yes, I have restarted the server.

Strangely when I go in to Plugins\Catalogue, the DVBLink plugin is missing it's icon.

I click on it, it says installing, the dashboard then reports it has installed it. I restart the server, but when I go in to Plugins/My Plugins it does not list the DVBLink plugin (it lists 19 other plugins)

I have just found a TV Mosaic plugin (I have been trying to install the DVBLink plugin).

The TVMosaic plugin has install ok and I can connect to the TVMosaic server ok.

Is there any difference between the plugins, which should I be using?

10 hours ago, jayuk said:

Apologises, I never saw your reply.

Yes, I have restarted the server.

Strangely when I go in to Plugins\Catalogue, the DVBLink plugin is missing it's icon.

I click on it, it says installing, the dashboard then reports it has installed it. I restart the server, but when I go in to Plugins/My Plugins it does not list the DVBLink plugin (it lists 19 other plugins)

Hi, please attach the Emby server log. Thanks.

10 hours ago, jayuk said:

I have just found a TV Mosaic plugin (I have been trying to install the DVBLink plugin).

The TVMosaic plugin has install ok and I can connect to the TVMosaic server ok.

Is there any difference between the plugins, which should I be using?

I would use the plugin that corresponds to the external software that you’re using.

I have just found this in the log file:

2023-08-06 19:47:18.767 Info App: Not loading MediaBrowser.Plugins.DVBLink.dll 1.8.10.0 because the minimum supported version is 1.9. Please update to the newer version

That might explain why the DVBLink plugin wasn't working. But the latest version of the plugin is 1.8.11.0?

Anyway, It seems to be working ok with the TVMosaic plugin 🤞

OK yes you're right, sorry about that. If I recall correctly, the TVMosaic plugin can work with both.

• 1 month later...

Sorry, I'm a little confused

So are DVBLink server users meant to use the TVMosaic plugin now.

I have a DVBLink server on version 5.5 and the DVBLink plugin hasn't worked in over a year

I can install the TVMosaic plugin, which is an improvement over the DVBlink plugin, but when I try to set it up, i.e. amend the local IP address to my DVBLink server and the streaming port and try to save I get an error message

"There was an error saving the TV provider. Please ensure it is accessible and try again."

Its definitely accessible on that IP address and port via my web browser

Anyone else got their DVBLink server working with the TVMosaic plugin?

5 hours ago, jelbear said:

Sorry, I'm a little confused

So are DVBLink server users meant to use the TVMosaic plugin now.

I have a DVBLink server on version 5.5 and the DVBLink plugin hasn't worked in over a year

I can install the TVMosaic plugin, which is an improvement over the DVBlink plugin, but when I try to set it up, i.e. amend the local IP address to my DVBLink server and the streaming port and try to save I get an error message

"There was an error saving the TV provider. Please ensure it is accessible and try again."

Its definitely accessible on that IP address and port via my web browser

Anyone else got their DVBLink server working with the TVMosaic plugin?

Hi, did you check the emby server log?

It could be authentication related. 

Attached is my log file, sorry but its double dutch to me

I can see the error produced at 19:17 as I reproduced t immediately before viewing the log.

I can confirm the DVBLink server is setup no to use any authentication , no user names or passwords to access it on the local network

embyserver (2).txt

3 hours ago, jelbear said:

Attached is my log file, sorry but its double dutch to me

I can see the error produced at 19:17 as I reproduced t immediately before viewing the log.

I can confirm the DVBLink server is setup no to use any authentication , no user names or passwords to access it on the local network

embyserver (2).txt 862.96 kB · 0 downloads

What did you give it for the tuner url? It looks like you pointed it to a web page, like the tuner web interface maybe?

That ip address takes you to the web interface, it is the IP address I use when setting up kodi clients

what is the tuner URL if it isn't the ip address of the DVBLink server?

On 8/6/2023 at 2:52 PM, jayuk said:

I have just found this in the log file:

2023-08-06 19:47:18.767 Info App: Not loading MediaBrowser.Plugins.DVBLink.dll 1.8.10.0 because the minimum supported version is 1.9. Please update to the newer version

That might explain why the DVBLink plugin wasn't working. But the latest version of the plugin is 1.8.11.0?

Anyway, It seems to be working ok with the TVMosaic plugin 🤞

@jayukare you saying you used the DvbLink software with the TVMosaic plugin?