Live TV not showing

markyp
Go to solution Solved by markyp,

markyp

I've built a new server, for Emby and have configured access to my HDHomerun Quattro from my new machine, I've now decommissioned Emby on the old machine.

For some strange reason in Theatre on the PC or the Web App, the Live TV Section often doesn't show up... So no access to the Guide or TV channels. Maybe bizarrely though,  my recordings are still being made so I know the tuner is setup properly.

I have been having some network config issues, but they seem to be resolved now...

Any ideas?

embyserver (3).txt

Hi there, have you checked Emby user access do ensure the user is granted access to live TV? Try clicking save on that screen.

markyp

image.png.8fb6991119062111ff3dcded5e93ad14.png

so this shows no 'Live TV' menu item, but also that the Italy vs Argentina game was recoded just yesterday!

• Solution
markyp

Solved!

Unchecked access to Live TV and saved - still no access, then checked access to Live TV and saved and access to Live TV came back!

something to check there methinks as access was checked and Live TV was not showing up...

Thanks Luke!

CarlosLima

Hi,
To avoid creating new topic for the same problem, i.e. live tv not working, since yesterday I have the same problem. Until then everything was fine but now EmbyServer does not process any m3u lists. I even went radical and removed everything inside the livetv folder in metadata and it still didn't work.
I removed all the tv lists and when adding back a single list and it gives access to a user (the administrator) no channels are displayed on the live tv.
I would like a position because I am convinced that the EmbyServer is not processing the tv, because when I click to update the live tv guide, it just blinks for 1 second and nothing happens. Thanks.

Screenshot.png

Edited by CarlosLima

CarlosLima

Hi, yes I posted after reading your solution.
Yes, I removed access to live tv, saved and then granted access to live tv and saved again and that did not resolve the issue.
In my case it is clear that EmbyServer is not processing the added m3u tv list, and until yesterday everything was perfect.

When clicking to update tab data nothing happens, the progress stripe just blinks for 1 second and does not process the added list.

Screenshot.png

Edited by CarlosLima

CarlosLima

Sorted out.
Everything came back perfect when I deleted the EPG link, that XmlTV you see at the bottom of the image above. Thank you all.

Screenshot.png

Edited by CarlosLima
  • Thanks 1