CORE Skip Intro - New episodes do re-scan of all episodes

unisoft

unisoft

v4.7.13:

This may be by design, but every time I add new episodes to an existing Season/Series or add a new Season/Series, when I scan the TV Library, I can see in the log, that every episode and season for that programme title is re-scanned (taking time) for SKIP INTRO finger printing?

I'd expect only the new episodes to be evaluated. Is this normal? I don't have the plugin for skipping intros.

Edited by unisoft

rbjtech

It has to re-evaluate each episode in the Season to have something to match the new Intro to (that's how chromaprint works) - but it should not be re-generating a new fingerprint for each episode every time.  So it should just be a single new fingerprint (for the new episode) and then a mathmatical calculation on previously calculated/stored values - taking a very small amount of time.

This was mentioned a while back in another post (mayeb 3-4 weeks ago) - I'm not sure if it got fixed but Luke acknowledged it was an issue I believe.

The fix may be in the latest beta only ...

Edited by rbjtech
  • Thanks 1

It doesn't regenerate the audio fingerprint, it just re-examines the ones that are already there.

rbjtech
4 hours ago, Luke said:

It doesn't regenerate the audio fingerprint, it just re-examines the ones that are already there.

As I said above Luke - but was this fixed in the Beta as I seem to recall it was regenerating all the fingerprints ?

6 hours ago, rbjtech said:

As I said above Luke - but was this fixed in the Beta as I seem to recall it was regenerating all the fingerprints ?

There have been improvements yes, but 4.7 shouldn’t be regenerating them either.

• Thanks 1

unisoft
16 hours ago, Luke said:

There have been improvements yes, but 4.7 shouldn’t be regenerating them either.

In the log, it goes through the episodes for that programme title and has labels like "Confidence". Instead of just putting new episodes into the folder and a quick scan of just the new episodes, if the programme title has many seasons and episodes the scan can take 30 mins. There are no errors in the log.

On 7/25/2023 at 4:12 AM, unisoft said:

In the log, it goes through the episodes for that programme title and has labels like "Confidence". Instead of just putting new episodes into the folder and a quick scan of just the new episodes, if the programme title has many seasons and episodes the scan can take 30 mins. There are no errors in the log.

Hi, let's look at an example:

Thanks !

• 2 weeks later...
unisoft
On 27/07/2023 at 06:34, Luke said:

Hi, let's look at an example:

Thanks !

Yeah cant do that as reveals all the "content" titles in the log on a public forum. Doh!.

There is nothing strange in there, all it does is re-evaluate each episode, put a confidence value on it and works its way through till the last episode of the last season for each affected title. When I say "affected"; this simply means any new episode(s) added to an existing series/season.