Shuffle Albums always plays in the same order (same as Play All)

afcarson

afcarson

I don't recall if this happened before the latest DSM update when I had to switch to the beta release, but I think that's when it started. I'm not able to roll back to test the latest release version since it won't work on my version of DSM.

Basically if I go to my Music library, select the Albums view, then click the Shuffle button at the top (next to Play All), it fills the queue with all albums by each artist alphabetically by artist (the album order per artist may be by release year, I'm not sure), up to some arbitrary playlist length limit. As far as I can tell, this is the exact same thing that Play All does on the same view, but I don't know what Play All did previously because I've never used it. It used to be that I could click that Shuffle button and play a single random album, which is not really right either but was workable as long as I went back and hit Shuffle again once the first album finished. I get the exact same behavior on the Shuffle button in the Artists and Album Artists views, though I also never use those. Shuffle in Songs works normally.

This happens when I access Emby from both the web client and the Android app.

I've tried uninstalling Emby and reinstalling. I've also re-run Scan Library Files multiple times, removed and re-added libraries, and even moved my files to a brand new directory before re-adding to the library. Nothing seems to work.

I haven't yet gone in and fully deleted the contents of /var/packages/EmbyServer before reinstalling, so at least some settings are carrying over between installations. I'm not sure if that's going to help either, but I don't know any other way to get a fully clean reinstall of Emby.