Record live sports from Amazon/Apple, etc...

matsonjr

matsonjr

Perhaps this has been addressed already...if so, just point me in the right spot.

More and more live sports look to be moving to a streaming platform with the likes of Amazon Prime, Apple+, etc.  Is there an easy built in way way to get emby to record from the sources?  Or will I need to hook a roku up to my box with a capture card, tune to the streamer, hit record and then upload it into my emby archive?

I have been recording games from my team since the original tivo in 2003 and then replaytv.  I have gotten used to time shifting when I'm late.  I have also amassed quite the library of games.   

MBSki

Emby can only record from a tuner. If you want to record from a streaming service PlayOn should work, but I don't believe you can record live with PlayOn. It would have to be recorded after the game ends.

• 5 months later...
matsonjr

Resurrecting my old question...

Anyone figured out how to record live sports off a streamed channel like ESPN+ or Prime or something?  

kanipek
10 hours ago, matsonjr said:

Resurrecting my old question...

Anyone figured out how to record live sports off a streamed channel like ESPN+ or Prime or something?  

You can do this for several of these services. It requires setting up a ChannelsDVR server - From which you can output an M3U file for use as an M3U tuner in Emby. Prime is NOT one of these services (to my knowledge) that you can do this with.