Manual import of files.

system78

system78

There is an android app called NZB360 that allows you to pick a video file from anywhere on the PC and choose what movie/TV show and eppisode you want to import it into. As long as the app has access to the folder it is done. Also it renames it, attaches a nfo file with thumbnail so it takes only minutes to show up. 

Is there a plugin or feature I am not seeing in emby that does the same? I know there is an auto import plugin but it tends to name anime with Kanji and not Romani letters. That is a pain. It would be nice if we were able to download a show and without manually moving it do the same. To import series/season/episode and have it imported as well as renamed properly without moving it around and scanning. 

I do not know about you but doing a scan on my emby, maybe because I am at around 40TB+ takes a little over an hour. And scanning the series or even the folder seldom works. Using NZB360 to manually import is like 2 minutes because it adds thumbs and nfo file.

Let me know. Thanks. Searching got me nowhere. 

jaycedk

You do know that NZB360 is an Arr's companion app ?

That has nothing to do with Emby. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 8 months later...
system78

Understand that. I am just asking if there was a way to add something to Emby to manually import shows and movies

So if I have a file on my HD, can there be a way to import it into the show or movie, have it renamed correctly and show up? I know there is a plug in called "auto organize" but with anime especially it will create a folder in kongi (if I spelled that right, as well as the eppisode, I just want it to make the folder and eppisode name in English.

I was only using NZB360 as an example is all. 

• Thanks 1