Folder name 'T' resolving as random metadata

EvanFranklin
Go to solution Solved by GrimReaper,

EvanFranklin

Hello all,

On my new Synology Emby server, I have the followed the TV Naming Guide and created the following structure:

\TV
  -  A-H
  -  -  A Series Title (2000)
  -  -  -  Season 1
  -  -  -  -  A Series Title - s01e01 - episode name.mp4
  -  I-Q
  -  -  (same)
  - R-Z
  -  -  (same)

The 'A-H' and 'I-Q' folders all correctly resolve all of the subfolders, series, and episodes. The 'R-Z' folder gets resolved as a random TV show with all of the subfolders showing up as seasons of that show. I tried splitting out the individual folders, 'R' 'S' 'T' 'U' 'V' 'X' 'Y' 'Z' and everything resolved correctly, BUT the 'T' folder. I tried renaming the 'T' folder a few different ways, but each time it resolved as some random TV show. And again, the subfolders show up as seasons, instead of its own TV show.

I tried searching through the forums with no luck. Does anyone have any ideas before I just dump all of the 'T' tv series into the root folder?

Hi, what are the contents of the T folder? It probably looks like something that could be a tv series.

• Solution
GrimReaper
6 hours ago, EvanFranklin said:

Hello all,

On my new Synology Emby server, I have the followed the TV Naming Guide and created the following structure:

\TV
  -  A-H
  -  -  A Series Title (2000)
  -  -  -  Season 1
  -  -  -  -  A Series Title - s01e01 - episode name.mp4
  -  I-Q
  -  -  (same)
  - R-Z
  -  -  (same)

The 'A-H' and 'I-Q' folders all correctly resolve all of the subfolders, series, and episodes. The 'R-Z' folder gets resolved as a random TV show with all of the subfolders showing up as seasons of that show. I tried splitting out the individual folders, 'R' 'S' 'T' 'U' 'V' 'X' 'Y' 'Z' and everything resolved correctly, BUT the 'T' folder. I tried renaming the 'T' folder a few different ways, but each time it resolved as some random TV show. And again, the subfolders show up as seasons, instead of its own TV show.

I tried searching through the forums with no luck. Does anyone have any ideas before I just dump all of the 'T' tv series into the root folder?

Add:

\TV\A-H

\TV\I-Q

\TV\R-Z

separately as TV library folder paths, instead of only \TV as root.

EvanFranklin
16 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

Add:

\TV\A-H

\TV\I-Q

\TV\R-Z

separately as TV library folder paths, instead of only \TV as root.

GrimReaper,

I tried your response and it worked. The subfolders containing the shows are now all resolving correctly. Thank you!

• Like 1