Add Album Artist as option in Playlist Sort

MBSki

MBSki

I use Album Artist a lot more than Artist when searching, grouping, or sorting. Can Album Artist be added as a sort option in playlists? Or replace Artists with Album Artist?

Or replace Artists with Album Artist?

No.

What is the use case? Technically it is easy enough to add, but that doesn't mean it's that simple. Unlike the other sort fields you can't actually see the album artist on the playlist screen, you can only see the track artist. So that means you'd sort by album artist, which is fine it will work, but the names that you see on the screen won't necessarily match that order and that might be confusing.

MBSki
29 minutes ago, Luke said:

No.

What is the use case? Technically it is easy enough to add, but that doesn't mean it's that simple. Unlike the other sort fields you can't actually see the album artist on the playlist screen, you can only see the track artist. So that means you'd sort by album artist, which is fine it will work, but the names that you see on the screen won't necessarily match that order and that might be confusing.

Well, the use case is that album artist IMO should be the primary artist sorting method. I never click artists in a music library. I automatically default it to album artist. Here's an example of why this current method is an issue. I want to play the songs by album artist then all their albums. 

How did Eurythmics get added to this list?

SmartSelect_20230719_201018_Emby.thumb.jpg.e380516f8a767feb29a0176748337ea9.jpg

Edited by MBSki
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
MBSki
12 minutes ago, Luke said:

Yes it can be added, but the playlist display is still going to list the artist.

So you can add an option to sort by album artist, but when album artist is selected the artist will show, not the album artist in the playlist list?

If I understood that right, that works. 😁

• 2 weeks later...